Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Hunting with a kayak (Read 1979 times)
thebomb
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Hunting with a kayak
Reply #15 - Mar 25th, 2021 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
I duck hunt from a home made glass over ply Canadian canoe ( not by me a boat builder made It for his kids who lost interest)and was surprised by the amount of gear I can carry and how stable it is,50 decoys,opening morning bag and 35kg dog along with myself ,95kg of pure muscle and I. Can still paddle the 700m to the maimai faster than my mate in his dinghy with outboard due to all the stumps and crap where we shoot,bought a 12ft parkercraft with outboard last year and just didnít feel right,selling it this year and going back to the canoe.

IP Logged

Countryside
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #16 - May 1st, 2021 at 9:14am
Print Post  
Have thought about doing this myself,never got around to giving it a crack tho

IP Logged

mango
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #17 - May 3rd, 2021 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Yip have used my kayak a Viking gt a bit for hunting. A short paddle can equal a massive walk in some places. Good fun. The gt isnít as long as the other Viking models.bit shorter and stabler but slower to paddle. Used it this weekend retrieving decoys. Good bit of kit

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards