Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Tripod (Read 1266 times)
H.M

love geting out on the
hill

Tripod
Feb 9th, 2017 at 11:37am
Print Post  
Hi guys am soon to buy a new camera a canon sx60. Also will be getting a tripod, dont want to spend big money, was wondering what u you guys are using? Cheers

IP Logged

H.M

love geting out on the
hill

Re: Tripod
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2017 at 8:42am
Print Post  
Also whats the best way to carry your camera on the hill to keep it dry and stop it from getting knocked around. Cheers for any help.

IP Logged

levactn

Be prepared-in & out of
season

Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 5:53am
Print Post  
Sako hunter  google aarn packs & check out the photographic pouches. May help?...

you never forget a person who came to you with a torch in the dark.  COURAGE: is knowing it might hurt, & doing it anyway. STUPIDITY is the same & thats why life is hard!

IP Logged

stagslayer

I Love cats but can,t
eat a whole one

Reply #3 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 1:51am
Print Post  
Hey mate, I use a manfrotto tripod, its light, & easy to pan around with if your videoing, I use my canon camera on it for stills, seems to work well, and is the toughest tripod ive come across so far, good value for your $$ too!, as for keeping your camera dry & protecting from shocks etc a good quality camera bag & wrap a ziplock plastic bag over it  does the trick for me, hope that helps

IP Logged

stug
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #4 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 3:42am
Print Post  
For my SX-50 I use a Lowe camera bag slung over one shoulder so it sits on my side. Doesn't get in the way, but is easy to get to so I actually take photo and video with it. If it is raining it goes in my pack.
One way to make your tripod "better" than it is is to carry a small bag that you can put a few rocks in and hang off the tripod. The extra weight will make it steadier.
My tripod is a cheap Slik aluminium one. The pan head is not the best, but it was cheap.

IP Logged

H.M

love geting out on the
hill

Reply #5 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Cheers guys thats heaps of help, i may have same tripod as you stug, slik U6600?? Got of trade me cheap just for a start should do the trick for now. Brought good camera bag so will put in ziplock plastic bag to keep dry.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards