Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Tahr trip - Video (Read 1801 times)
Mtn Breeze
Forum Senior

At least it's not raining
!!!

Tahr trip - Video
Feb 9th, 2017 at 12:05am
Print Post  
Howdy all,

I posted a couple of tahr images a couple of days ago so here is the video of that trip.

I also thought I'd add in a wee 'photography tips and advice' segment to each of my videos from now on. Just a few things I have learned along the way that work for me and may help other people in the future.

(Learned a good video lesson on this trip ...... when talking into the camera always get out of the wind or at the very least face toward the camera !!! You have to listen hard in a couple of places to hear what I'm saying, but as I say, lesson learned right there).

Still learning the camera capabilities and the editing programme and trying to get my head around recording resolutions, bit rates, frame rates etc and how they affect the footage and also the same factors at the rendering stage of the process.

Anyway, if anyone has anything to add for a 'newbie' as far as recording, editing and right through to rendering goes, please jump in .... I'm all ears.

Cheers

Matt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri3XWz55xNY

(Typically, the uploaded Youtube video is noticeably softer at 720p or less. What's up with that ?? It is recorded at 4K, 24fps and 100 mb/s and rendered out at 4K)

IP Logged

Rugersst
Forum Font

Victory is mine...

Re: Tahr trip - Video
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2017 at 12:44am
Print Post  
You can change it to 4k in the setting lower right corner on the clip itself in YouTube, or at least I can watching it now....

IP Logged

whereami
Forum Guide

Today, you people are
no longer maggots.

Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2017 at 12:48am
Print Post  
wonderful Matt

IP Logged

blackgear nz
Donor Member

Custom thermoforming knife
sheaths

Reply #3 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 1:49am
Print Post  
Hey Matt,

Pretty awesome mate, I really enjoy watching these animals do their thing. Has to be my favorite game animal.

Thanks for sharing.

Instagram blackgear nz

IP Logged

Baz
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #4 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 3:36am
Print Post  
Very good Matt-great footage.
I doubt if you will see a great deal of difference in picture quality above 1080 on you tube.
The photography tips and hints is an excellent idea to throw into the mix. An idea would be to record the voice over for that at home in a quiet room-then add the sound track over a few stills-punctuated with shutter clicks maybe.
Just a thought--It's all good stuff Matt--Keep em coming.
Cheers.  Cool
P.S did it take long to upload?

Too Old To Die Young.
YouTube  
IP Logged

Mtn Breeze
Forum Senior

!!!

Reply #5 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 5:52am
Print Post  
Baz wrote on Feb 14th, 2017 at 3:36am:
Very good Matt-great footage.
I doubt if you will see a great deal of difference in picture quality above 1080 on you tube.
The photography tips and hints is an excellent idea to throw into the mix. An idea would be to record the voice over for that at home in a quiet room-then add the sound track over a few stills-punctuated with shutter clicks maybe.
Just a thought--It's all good stuff Matt--Keep em coming.
Cheers.  Cool
P.S did it take long to upload?

Thanks very much Baz .... always learning and appreciate the advise.

Yip, took ages to upload. Think I might start recording in 2k as I was also having problems with the editing programme coping with the 4k files. (However, I did find a very sneaky way of 'fooling' the programme which involved converting the files to smaller ones, editing those files, saving the project, closing the programme, replacing the small files with the originals, opening the programme and saved project and then render using the originals).

Thanks,

Matt

IP Logged

topshot

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #6 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 11:52am
Print Post  
Hi Matt,
What is the editing program you are using?
Thanks

IP Logged

Mtn Breeze
Forum Senior

!!!

Reply #7 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
topshot wrote on Feb 14th, 2017 at 11:52am:
Hi Matt,
What is the editing program you are using?
Thanks

Powerdirector 15 ...... lots and lots of features, of which I've yet to come to grips with.

Matt.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards