Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Canada Pics (Read 2014 times)
Oscar
Donor Member

Let Us Prey

Canada Pics
Feb 12th, 2007 at 7:25am
Print Post  
Hi all

Over in Canada for work at the moment. No hunting on, its out of season, but plenty of hunting related stuff:

Found myself a 4WD, should hold all my gear:

Getting off the plane at Edmonton you get an idea that they are keen on hunting here too:

Its a bit cold, between -17 and -29. Was down to -40 in one spot with wind-chill just before I got there. Roads are generally ok:

All flat where I've been (Alberta, Saskatchewan and going to Ontario), and covered in snow, so the only thing to look at are the deer:

They hunted a lot in season, but still would be easy enough. Main method seems to be to drive around in pick-ups a lot. The deer are looking for food at the moment:

There's no shortage of them either, some big groups:

(The buck third from left there would be well into the NZ record book)

On a 2 hour drive yesterday via some small back roads we say probably 100. Quite a few right in around the homesteads, the rest stealing hay. Biggest mob of the lot had at least 45:

Have met a few keen hunters, will get some pics of their trophies - they would make your eyes water, but they all want to go to NZ to hunt, with the lack of restrictions. Next time I come back here it sure as hell won't be outside the season in the middle of winter.

Herbs before herbivores

Not all those who wander are lost

IP Logged

Hill fox
Ex Member

Re: Canada Pics
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2007 at 9:14am
Print Post  
A great place Canada i am told, looks good temperature as well, just right,.  Grin wants to stay like that untill christmas and then get just a shade colder. Wink

IP Logged

TOP_PREDATOR
Forum Font

Lord Ripon Apprentice

Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2007 at 9:21am
Print Post  
There is a antlerless Mulie deer season in B.C right now to knock back numbers of deer due to the hard winter,i should some photos tomorrow.

Very open country in your photos.

To my deep mortification, my father once said to me, ‘You care for nothing but shooting, dogs, and rat-catching and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.’ Charles Darwin
IP Logged

pigb8
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2007 at 10:18am
Print Post  
Rekon we should have the next forum hunt in canada  Grin awsum pics

IP Logged

Hard_Hunter
Forum Senior

Reply #4 - Feb 12th, 2007 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Fish in a Barrell! Looks like a great place to have to work for a while...thanks for posting Smiley

One in the hand is better than 2 in the bush!

IP Logged

whereami
Forum Guide

Today, you people are
no longer maggots.

Reply #5 - Feb 12th, 2007 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Oscar I will believe you that it is easy when you come up with a photo of a big buck just  standing around with its antler up its daisey.

IP Logged

Carlsen Highway
Ex Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #6 - Feb 12th, 2007 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
And on opening day theres probably not a deer to be seen...
Hell it looks cold Oscar.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards