Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Poll
Poll Question:
bars   pie

Total votes: 0
« Created by: moosemeat on: Dec 27th, 2019 at 4:13pm »
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Introduce Yourselves Fellas (Read 425904 times)
JackB
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Re: Introduce Yourselves Fellas
Reply #1665 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 11:19am
Print Post  
Hi.
Jack here.
Not sure what to say other that I'm a newbie.
22LR and 12GA. 7mm08 planned. Currently looking for rabbiting opportunities - I like a good stew and dog would sell her soul for some rabbit meat.
If anyone wants a partner - let me know, I enjoy outdoors, I am a very slow climber though.

IP Logged

YoungNDumb
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1666 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Hey guys newbie here, my name is Kel-James A.K.A KJ and I'm interested in any aspect of hunting but mostly I'm after some goat meat for the freezer and a bit of dog tucker. I'm currently located in Christchurch but have lived most of my life in the North Island and the last 4 years in Marlborough before moving further south. I don't have much experience hunting at all. I've caught one pig and blasted a few bunnies and magpies with an air rifle. Not sure what else to say but I'm looking forward to learning a lot from the more experienced guys on this forum

IP Logged

El Grego
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1667 - Jul 26th, 2019 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Hi guys,
Thought a few years of lurking in the shadows was long enough, often visit this site for info on areas I am about to or keen to venture to.
Cheers!

IP Logged

jesse370
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1668 - Aug 28th, 2019 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
After years of fly fishing, spin fishing and spear fishing I finally also got in to hunting. Learned a lot already from this forum and hoping to now also contribute a bit more than just lurk around Smiley Located in the South Island, shooting a 7mm08 and enjoy a tramp and overnighters.

IP Logged

Rugerman
Donor Member

Bow Wow

Reply #1669 - Aug 29th, 2019 at 8:32am
Print Post  
Welcome to the forum Smiley

IP Logged

jesse370
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1670 - Aug 29th, 2019 at 10:31am
Print Post  
Thanks, appreciate the warm welcome! Smiley

IP Logged

Redstag
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1671 - Sep 2nd, 2019 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Hello Everyone. My name is Paul and I'm from the United States. Country boy at heart. Love DIY hunting for big game. I've got quite a bit of experience hunting elk in the U.S. and couldn't help but notice all of the opportunity New Zealand has to offer. Hope you guys aren't too upset with a foreigner checking out your hunting scene. I love the outdoors and adventure. I'm a professional here in the U.S. working as an Engineering Manager for Nissan. My plant makes trucks and vans. I'm very respectful of people and mother nature. The guys on this forum seem pretty cool from what I've read so far. I'm hoping to come to NZ in April to hunt Stag and maybe Tahr. Love to find some hunting partners if anyone is interested in adding me to their party or going with me to share cost and the experience. Cheers

IP Logged

X-POACHER-YEAH RYT
Ex Member

Reply #1672 - Sep 2nd, 2019 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
Welcome to the forum Paul, you should come across a few guys on here that can help you in your N.Z. quest. My little bit of initial advice would be to arrive here early April, like the first, to take advantage of the best  roar period.  Cheers  X.P.

IP Logged

Redstag
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1673 - Sep 2nd, 2019 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Thanks XP. I've been doing some research on the Roar. Your advice is good. I will target that first week. I've been in contact with a heli company and know block draws are coming up. I'm thinking about checking to see if anyone has an opening in their block for a 3rd or 4th person. If that doesn't work out, I'll probably apply for a block by myself. I'm not afraid to hunt by myself. I've done it plenty of times before. But going with someone would be nice for safety and cost reasons.

IP Logged

Rainman
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #1674 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 4:17am
Print Post  
Hi fellas,
after many years of only lurking around here, I thought it's time to contribute a little - if I can and if anybody is willing to put up with what's left of my germerican english.
The rainman was born and raised in southern Germany where the old man got me into hunting early on. Passed my "hunters exam" by the age of 16 and hunted ever since (I'm in my early 50's now). No reds in our area, so main game species were roe deer, wild boar, hares and misc. varmints. In the 90's I spent a lot of time working overseas, so in those years, hunting was low  Sad. Later on, driven hunts for boar did become more and more popular and training with the "running boar" (aka "Laufender Keiler") became more and more a favorite and still is Smiley.
Besides hunting, during the last two decades I picked up some gun smithing skills, but legal constraints unfortunately force me to only damage my personal rifles  Shocked.

Spelling and grammar are no hobbies of mine and my english get's worse every year, so please be patient with me  Wink.

Cheers

IP Logged

DHDS (Deerhunter Duckshooter)
Forum Senior

I Love inspirational quotes

Reply #1675 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:29am
Print Post  
Welcome Rainman, glad you came in out of the rain.
Your grammar is good.
Sounds like your hunting is a little different over there.
Your laws to, do you have to re-sit your hunting license or do you keep it for life.

IP Logged

Rainman
Just Joined

Reply #1676 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 7:11am
Print Post  
Thanks for the nice welcome DHDS!  Smiley
Regarding our laws: It used to be the case that once you pass the hunters exam you're good for the rest of your life. However, following 2004 when the EU passed new regulations on the "hygiene of foodstuffs" and on taking samples for Trichinella testing (etc.), all of us older folks (exam before 1987  Sad ) had to "re-sit" some. However, your actual license has to be renewed/paid for yearly (or every 3 years) and each time you have to turn in an up-to-date confirmation of insurance coverage.  Cheers R.

IP Logged

TomW
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1677 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Hi everyone!  My name is Tom and I married a Kiwi lady and we're living in Pennsylvania.

I have been to the North Island NZ once with her so far and had a heck of a time fishing and checking out the countryside!

Looking forward to future trips to check out the South Island for potential DIY hunting areas for all the usual big game suspects!

IP Logged

XRhunter
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Reply #1678 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Welcome aboard TomW. Sure would love to hear about the hunting you get up to in your State.
And when it comes time for a return trip to NZ, someone on here will no doubt give you some good hints to improve your South Island experience Smiley

IP Logged

300WM
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1679 - Oct 22nd, 2019 at 8:51am
Print Post  
Hello team,

New here but been around a bit, do a bit of hunting and reloading, looking forward to learning some new tricks and tips.

Cheers
300WM

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards