This forum will be closed for posting on Friday 8th Oct 2021 but can still be read for research and accessed by members to retrieve information. The new forum is at http://www.fishnhunt.co.nz/forum
Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Winchester .22 subs (Read 3603 times)
headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Winchester .22 subs
Oct 8th, 2021 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
A last post before history consigns this Forum to the dusty archives..

Do not buy the new packaged Winchester subs that are easily recognizable by the horrible clear plastic/acrylic box they are now packaged in. The bullets are seated very poorly and are leaking powder which can be seen deposited on the surface, right to the tip of the lead projectile. They shoot inconsistently, some very loud and some not. Inaccuracy is guarantied. The bullet itself just above where the case stops is not solid. On almost every bullet/projectile its actually two bits held together loosely by an internal piece , so taking the bullet in two hands with the fingertips, you can wiggle the two pieces easily with no effort at all.

Goodness  knows what a bullet that wiggles in the air is capable of.  Good for shooting 2 rabbits a meter apart possibly Grin.

I bought two lots of 10 packets separately and the problems where the same..

I rate these bullets 0 out of 10. A total waste of time and money.

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

rabbiter
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Winchester .22 subs
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2021 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
Winchester was my once go to round, they recycled well in my 10/22 & killed well enough for me . I shot 1,000s of them, mostly at rabbits and the odd coon.However having said that I got pissed off first due to the number of shells that misfired and then at that time you couldn't buy 40gn rounds for, love nor money. All that was being offered was the 42gn rounds which I found to be very poor killers for some unknown reason . On advice from the owner of a well known Gore sports shop, I tried the rem subs . During field testing, I found them to be quite a bit dirtyer than the Winchester rounds but both recycled and killed well with a minimum of misfires & I've used nothing else since . I no longer rate the
Winchester .22 subs, the quality may have improved but somehow I doubt that ,I need a brand I can trust to get the job done .

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards