This forum will be closed for posting on Friday 8th Oct 2021 but can still be read for research and accessed by members to retrieve information. The new forum is at http://www.fishnhunt.co.nz/forum
Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 50 bmg (Read 1061 times)
Dasher
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

50 bmg
Oct 2nd, 2021 at 11:05am
Print Post  
Hi does anyone shoot 50 bmg around Auckland also looking for a good scope ring and scope package for barrett m99

IP Logged

Radar
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Armed Tramper 😈

Re: 50 bmg
Reply #1 - Oct 2nd, 2021 at 11:30am
Print Post  
Not exactly a deer or rabbit gun, but if you’re looking at using it for its full potential you’d probably go Nightforce and get the large triple lock rings - suggest going to Reloaders or Serious shooters for that kind of gear, probably consider a shim for front sight to allow for longer range - raises front of scope allowing for longer range.
There’s a competition on You Tube ‘2 Mile Shoot’ it’s a yearly event in New Mexico and the main scope system seems to be Nightforce so that’s what I’d base any system like that on - only thing is you probably won’t get much change out of $5K but if you want a hardy rig you gotta pay the bikkies. Cool

Fate whispers to the warrior
'you cannot withstand the storm',
And the warrior whispers back
' I am the storm'
Toys
Tikka the T3 Hunter 7mm08
Baikal .223 Spartan
Martin Falcon 65lb Compound bow

IP Logged

Radar
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Armed Tramper 😈

Re: 50 bmg
Reply #2 - Oct 2nd, 2021 at 11:34am
Print Post  
The other thing is that most if not all ranges will not allow 50cal so your going to have to find a farmer with a huge backstop hill. I don’t know if you’re buying ammo or reloading but I did know someone who was and it worked out $12 a round but he could group it MOA at 1000y using a modified F Class rig.
Good luck.

Fate whispers to the warrior
'you cannot withstand the storm',
And the warrior whispers back
' I am the storm'
Toys
Tikka the T3 Hunter 7mm08
Baikal .223 Spartan
Martin Falcon 65lb Compound bow

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards