This forum will be closed for posting on Friday 8th Oct 2021 but can still be read for research and accessed by members to retrieve information. The new forum is at http://www.fishnhunt.co.nz/forum
Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) Calibre Projects? (Read 9965 times)
tomjr
Forum Senior

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Calibre Projects?
Reply #30 - Jun 28th, 2009 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Go the fireball, heaps of our HMS rounds are based on it and it is very accurate and efficient (as are all its progeny esp. 7mmJI).  I have mucking around with a .17MachIV/.17Fireball and it is an amazing little round (all the local .17HMR shooters are now considering changing-as the cost of reloads is cheaper than HMR factory rounds).  My current project is either a .250 Savage or a 6x39 for my 9 year old son to shoot deer with, he has proven deadly on the goats with the .17MachIV but I don't want him using it on deer, the .223WSSM has too much bark for him and the stocks on all my other rifles are miles too big. Wink

IP Logged

muzza
Donor Member

Older and grumpier

Re: Calibre Projects?
Reply #31 - Jun 28th, 2009 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
I'm working on a 35 Whelan and a 338-06 at present. Both based on mauser actions , both 22 inch barrels and synthetic stocks.

Just waiting on a scope mount for the 338 and we will be shooting....

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2022. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards