This forum will be closed for posting on Friday 8th Oct 2021 but can still be read for research and accessed by members to retrieve information. The new forum is at http://www.fishnhunt.co.nz/forum
Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Geoff Thomas Driven shoot (Read 40779 times)
hairy
Forum Font

Member of Fishnhunt since

Geoff Thomas Driven shoot
Aug 16th, 2008 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
How bad was that?  About 7 minutes of shooting, 10 seconds of dog work.... 12 minutes of drinking piss and eating food and 12 mintues of shooting clays....  Undecided

"The universe and human stupidity are the only two things that are infinite; and I am unsure about the first" Albert Einstien
YouTube  
IP Logged

kawhia
Ex Member

Re: Geoff Thomas Driven shoot
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
and i wore my flash hat too Grin they didn't stay long due to the 3 bird limit, hopefully the laws change as he was keen to come back next year, and hopefully he does a bit of walked up with some dogs.

IP Logged

pickled_sausage
Banned

The ghost and the darkness....Chomp
Chomp Chomp :)

Reply #2 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
disgusting what he did how can they breed birds just to be let go at hunters, in my books its not sport. sport hunting is another term used for killing an animal to feed ones self or family.
but when they host drives like they did with fox hunting is not sport but a killing fest for the snobs and lazy arses sorry but thats how i feel.. if i wanted some one to biff a bird at me and shoot it i would buy a chicken from pac n save and get my mate to biff it at me and shoot it that way.. in essence thats what happens.. they breed them and then let them go at hunters sad man thats  so sad and they call it sport.. i laugh at that term... game bird hunting is useing dogs to flush your quarry out then move on to the next one and so on and so on thats how i see it thats my 2 cents worth ok Smiley.

Eh bro!! does this white man taste funny to you???&&naa bro.... must be imported meat.. stick to eating antelopes they taste better.........

IP Logged

Snuffit
Forum Font

Reply #3 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Hat off to Guy and co., looks like they've done some good things there. Even better, I've known some of the shooters for years and its not like they are the rich pricks that some people would have us all believe.

Hairy, Lab trials there tomorrow, why don't you come up for a look at the dogs?

IP Logged

pickled_sausage
Banned

Reply #4 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
if they want real hunting of cocks then they should all use dogs in my books.

Eh bro!! does this white man taste funny to you???&&naa bro.... must be imported meat.. stick to eating antelopes they taste better.........

IP Logged

kawhia
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
pickled sausage, didn't you have your name down to go on one of alans fallow hunts Roll Eyes

IP Logged

pickled_sausage
Banned

Reply #6 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
sure did but at least they was not pushed down to me Smiley i have to walk crouch wiggle sneek peek and shoot em Smiley big difference than just standing there as they fly over ya head thoe.

IP Logged

kawhia
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
actually it's alot easier to shoot a pheasant over a pointing dog than 90% of the ones put over the guns, they are not sitting ducks trust me.
think of a pheasant preserve the same way as that property you where going to pay to shoot a deer with alan, you wouldn't pay good money to see f**k all deer would you or too work as hard as you would by hunting on the public reserve, all birds shot were picked up and eaten and it was hardly a turkey shoot as the shooting wasn't exactly A grade Grin

IP Logged

pickled_sausage
Banned

Reply #8 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Hunting should never be easy or you would pack it in and do other things.
i still would pay 400 bucks just to get out on some land just to get the chance to get a fellow deer even if it took me a week. i like to work for my $$ and i like to work harder for my meat. i did phesant hunting and it was a lot more fun over dog's is all. Smiley

IP Logged

landlock101
Forum Font

Labralux

Reply #9 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
I agree with you pickled_sausage, as far as im concerned thats wasn't hunting nothing beats getting amongst it and using your dog to the best of its ability, they could have had kids picking those birds up it was that easy.

IP Logged

kawhia
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
really Grin you got all that out of 7 mins watching.

IP Logged

ruawaigunner

Go Hard or Go Home

Reply #11 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
kawhia, which one were you?

there marksmanship didnt seem anything to right home about.. and there idea of "sporting clays" was a joke

IP Logged

DukShooter
Forum Font

Reply #12 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Geoff never did ask Guy Ralph why he wasn't allowed to shoot more than 3 birds or operate as a preserve. was a blatant PR programme like all Geoffs seem to be lately, you let me and my mates in and we will give you heaps of advertising. His programmes have turned to crap in a big way

The kill is not the bottom line reason for the hunt, but it cannot be removed from the equation
IP Logged

pickled_sausage
Banned

Reply #13 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
THATS all it is now advertising program very little fishing and more on hunting and add's....

IP Logged

rickyt
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
i agree but the itm fishing show is a good watch

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2022. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards