Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Taking a kid hunting (Read 1013 times)
Radar
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Armed Tramper 😈

Taking a kid hunting
Mar 8th, 2021 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
On Saturday I took my 4 YO granddaughter ‘hunting’ - she’s been a companion on the couch watching vids and can now roar like a red or Sika pretty well, good enough for family to have a laugh anyway but she’s wanted to go h7nting with Gramps for a while. Her day care has a ‘gun licence’ for all the kids that want one - good rules etc even penalties if you don’t comply - it’s funny but gives kids some real life experience even if it’s just a piece of wood, no pointing at people etc but I digress.
Anyway it wasn’t the best of evenings a bit windy and a few stiff showers of rain but we went anyway.
Got to spot x and walked about 200 meters around a hill to an area where I normally see deer - no dice
Miss had by this time tripped over and had a sore hand which necessitated the application of chocolate to calm her down and back to the truck.
Off to 2nd spot and low and behold 5 deer out feeding on a face about 250m from us completely unperturbed- Miss sees deer but is now caught up in chocolate and it’s still raining so watched them from the truck for 15 minutes which considering her concentration levels was pretty good - by this stage she’d had enough so it was time to go home.
Back down the track and out of the corner of my eye at 20 m is a doe and yearling. We were able to stop quietly, wind her window down and watch them for about 30 seconds. Woohoo.
Home and now it’s time to put a child hyper on chocolate to bed🤣
My wife whilst impressed we’d seen deer - little miss says ‘deer butts’ isn’t impressed she now has to shower a hyper 4YO.
I still think it was successful😂👍😁😈

Fate whispers to the warrior
'you cannot withstand the storm',
And the warrior whispers back
' I am the storm'
Toys
Tikka the T3 Hunter 7mm08
Baikal .223 Spartan
Martin Falcon 65lb Compound bow

IP Logged

Sika Stag
Online Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

Make the first shot count,
if not let rip.

Re: Taking a kid hunting
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2021 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Nice one radar.
There was always the rule with my kids when young, we can eat whatever we wanted when hunting and no Mum  Grin

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2021 at 8:34am
Print Post  
Nice one. Way to go with the kids.  Smiley

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

264Magic
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #3 - Apr 7th, 2021 at 11:14am
Print Post  
good man

It is much better to Hit the Animal in the right place, with a Rifle you can shoot well, then to hit it poorly with a Large Calibre..John Nosler

IP Logged

Micky Duck

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #4 - Apr 8th, 2021 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
good on ya mate......grandkids...hmmm one day ,maybe, something to look forward to.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards