Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic How we need to present hunting (Read 565 times)
Shankspony
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

How we need to present hunting
Jan 13th, 2021 at 7:25am
Print Post  
Not everyone is capable of such a video as this I know. But this is one of the best ive seen at telling the whole story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhLkPxIINW0&t=212s

IP Logged

meathunter72
Donor Member

Re: How we need to present hunting
Reply #1 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Good vid.
Sums up what hunting is about for me too Thanks.

Keep the wind in your face and your freezer full.

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #2 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 9:54am
Print Post  

In my time I've been asked to justify why I went out and killed animals, and I gave bullshit answers because I probably didn't understand why I went hunting.

Time has told me I killed because I enjoyed the chase, but more than that - I enjoyed the bush and all aspects that went with that. I enjoyed the smells, the sights, sounds, fending for myself ..... and eventually I enjoyed the solitude.
Enjoyed being there so much I shot animals for sale so I could spend more time in the bush - and I trapped possums. I went three months in the South Island and never saw a soul - and it bothered me not a whit.

I never particularly liked the killing, I knew I was taking a life, but I did feel satisfaction at a good shot - and at achieving my goal.

I still go hunting, the last seven deer I got onto I left standing - I have no urge to kill anymore, but I still have that same 'need' to be out there.

Such videos annoy me slightly - I don't know why ?

IP Logged

Radar
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Armed Tramper 😈

Reply #3 - Jan 14th, 2021 at 7:08am
Print Post  
Iím a meat hunter, I go out and quickly and humanely where ever possible so my family can eat fresh, clean organic low fat meat - I do however love being in the Bush - itís my special place - I love being beside a creek or river listening, the bird life and all that Mother Nature has to offer.
Itís all about what you want and strive to get. donít get me wrong if a 8 point Sika stood up in front of me Iíd drop it in a heartbeat but thatís not why I hunt. It would be seen as a bonus.

Fate whispers to the warrior
'you cannot withstand the storm',
And the warrior whispers back
' I am the storm'
Toys
Tikka the T3 Hunter 7mm08
Baikal .223 Spartan
Martin Falcon 65lb Compound bow

IP Logged

Micky Duck

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #4 - Jan 15th, 2021 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
I shot 6 hares out the window of my work truck today....dont panic...was on farm with permission...3 went to farm manager,he was stoked.1 went to work mate for his dog..also happily recieved...2 left for hawks.... I try always to kill cleanly and quickly.agree image is a big thing in this day and age....Barry Crump is a good image...Rambo and the like...not so much

IP Logged

Grunter
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #5 - Jan 17th, 2021 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Radar wrote on Jan 14th, 2021 at 7:08am:
Iím a meat hunter, I go out and quickly and humanely where ever possible so my family can eat fresh, clean organic low fat meat - I do however love being in the Bush - itís my special place - I love being beside a creek or river listening, the bird life and all that Mother Nature has to offer.
Itís all about what you want and strive to get. donít get me wrong if a 8 point Sika stood up in front of me Iíd drop it in a heartbeat but thatís not why I hunt. It would be seen as a bonus.

Truly free range and organic meat.

No trip on a truck with a deck full of sheep or cattle.  A quick and clean death for a usually undisturbed animal.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards