Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Murray 'Muz' Hounsell (Read 3756 times)
dogmatix
Forum Font

FnH member since 2005

Murray 'Muz' Hounsell
Jan 7th, 2021 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Forum member Muz Murray Hounsell passed away last night.

RIP big fella.

Embarrassed Cry

Welcome to Sako club.

IP Logged

dogmatix
Forum Font

FnH member since 2005

Re: Murray 'Muz' Hounsell
Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2021 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Muz in November 2006, snotting small game on my rellie's farm near Piopio.

Welcome to Sako club.

IP Logged

Beaker
Forum Font

very happy with my life

Reply #2 - Jan 7th, 2021 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
An interesting and enjoyable character in so many ways I met Muz on this site way back in the early days and hunted with him his father and Dogmatix a few times. Muz always had a good story and a bit of a laugh at camp though his disabilities restricted him somewhat he still got out there and had a go.

We all live busy involved lives so don't get together as often as we should but I liked to give Muz a call every now and then for a bit of a chat and would every now and then get a random call or txt from him. Friends like that are a blessing for sure.

Great Family too, Muz mum died a while back also a bit of a character but I really feel for Graeme his Dad who was a strong dedicated caregiver to Muz and others a real good keen bloke and inspiring family MAN. You will miss him I am sure Graeme but thanks for bringing him into the world and making so much possible for Muz.

IP Logged

ICEMAN
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #3 - Jan 8th, 2021 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Sadly my last chat with Muz was at 2032hrs on the night he passed away.

Muz was an inspiration to many of us more abled persons than he would have ever realised.
The dedication from his family was amazing, my first meeting with  Muz around 14 years ago was a real wake up call as I was feeling a bit sorry for myself as I battled an injury or two, Muzz showed me that if you want to do something there is often some way to get it done. His friends like Madness and others put a fair bit of time and energy into helping Muz fulfil many of his desires involving the outdoors and i take my hat off to them.

Muzz and I mostly discussed Harleys and trikes over the last year or so,  which was what we were doing on our last contact.

R.I.P. big fella, I will miss our too infrequent chats and make sure you leave some deer for me in your new hunting grounds.

IP Logged

rambo-6mmRem
Forum Font

6mm remington with 100gn
corelokt yum

Reply #4 - Jan 12th, 2021 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
Murray Hounsell aka Muz or Quadhunter1979
12/01/1979 to 7/01/2021
A service to celebrate Murray's life is being held at the Forest Funeral Parlour, Riverside Road, Orewa on Tuesday 19th February beginning at 1:00 pm. Light refreshments will be served and a private cremation following the service.
Dress informal bush attire welcome. The service will be live streamed on https://oneroomstreaming.com
Select Family and Friends
Password:  IIRVRC

posted on behalf of family who asked me to share

if you go to bed with an itchy bottom you'll wake up with smelly finger

IP Logged

whereami
Donor Member

Today, you people are
no longer maggots.

Reply #5 - Jan 15th, 2021 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Only just read about Muz on FaceBook.
He was a character all right, he will be missed.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards