Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Anyone noted forum activity has died this year? (Read 1592 times)
marlsounds
Just Joined

South Flyfisher

Anyone noted forum activity has died this year?
Dec 12th, 2020 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
I'm guessing that's because we've all moved to Facebook and Instagram.

There's still a bit of life in the NZFFF (http://www.flyfishingforum.co.nz/index.php) and the North America Fly Fishing Forum (https://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/index.php) is kicking on as it always does.

Guessing it's ok to post these links because it's all non-commercial.

Or shall we attempt to bring this one back to life?!

South Flyfisher
IP Logged

SF90
Ex Member

Re: Anyone noted forum activity has died this year?
Reply #1 - Dec 12th, 2020 at 9:33pm
Print Post  

Yeah, it's been pointed out and it's true too.

Don't know how other forums are going but we've got a bit PC on here and members have been booted, been bullied off or have just left because it got a bit lifeless.

Shame really, some of those people were quite thought provoking - or I thought so.
I live in hope that some shit stirrer will find his way here one day and get a bit of conversation going - might happen ......... fingers crossed  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Nomads
Donor Member

Angler, hunter, gardener,
cook

Reply #2 - Dec 17th, 2020 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
marlsounds wrote on Dec 12th, 2020 at 8:36pm:
I'm guessing that's because we've all moved to Facebook and Instagram.

There's still a bit of life in the NZFFF (http://www.flyfishingforum.co.nz/index.php) and the North America Fly Fishing Forum (https://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/index.php) is kicking on as it always does.

Guessing it's ok to post these links because it's all non-commercial.

Or shall we attempt to bring this one back to life?!

Can be hard going on here now mate, I agree
Would love to see this one come back to life.
All work places have defibrilators on hand, not sure about forums tho.

I for one have appreciated your recent posts and notes on here. 
thanks

There are still quite a few good roosters watching and reading here, don't worry.

Cheers

Like a cane chair at a nudist camp, always leave an impression.

IP Logged

bufferzone
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #3 - Dec 18th, 2020 at 6:32am
Print Post  
its a very quik scroll now for me most mornings

IP Logged

DaveH

Reply #4 - Dec 18th, 2020 at 9:39am
Print Post  
The move to Facebook and the like is unfortunate as anything on fb disappears almost immediately and it is spread over lots of different groups. This means if you actually find something interesting you won't be able to find it again later. With the internet good communication should be easy but it isn't because of the number of places you have to look to find anything. Unfortunately all forums seem to be suffering like this one.

IP Logged

Curly

Reply #5 - Dec 18th, 2020 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
Afternoon All!  It has literally been years since I've posted on here but I think it's time to get back on the horse.  I received so much great advice and met some real good folks on here back when I first moved to NZ from the States in 2008, some of whom I have become close friends with and still fishing with today.  I've had a Facebook account since early 2006, back when it was first taking off overseas, but I no longer see much value in it and currently avoiding it like the plague for various reasons.  Won't go into too much of a rant here but I think social media is doing the world MUCH more harm than good these days.  Also, there's nothing worse than posting some top notch fishing photos and only getting a couple of "like" reactions from people who are just scrolling and clicking out of habit and don't really understand or appreciate what you are out there doing.  So maybe it's time to start bringing those stories, photos and experiences back to where I got started Smiley Thanks marlsounds for starting this thread Smiley

IP Logged

Brandon
Just Joined

Reply #6 - Jan 19th, 2021 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Yes agreed. In the past I've been a regular reader of fishing articles on here and other forums but things have certainly been quiet. Can't say I've contributed much but it was always a 'task' uploading photos. I've probably been hunting more than fishing this season and have only landed one fish - from Taylors stream in Canterbury. I seem to be having a terrible run of losing fish, about 6-7 in the last 2 months. I'll attempt a write up for any fishing done in the Maniatoto next week as we're heading off for a week camping. Cheers Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards