Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Hunting Politics (Read 1458 times)
Shankspony
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Re: Hunting Politics
Reply #15 - Oct 17th, 2020 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Good on you Micky. Not so much for the decision ( which I agree with), but for the amount of thought put into it.

IP Logged

meathunter72
Donor Member

Reply #16 - Oct 17th, 2020 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Wow.
Looks like a total pumping of the Nats by Labour.
I thought they would win comfortably but not to this extent. Shocked

Keep the wind in your face and your freezer full.

IP Logged

Micky Duck

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #17 - Oct 17th, 2020 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
its the greens sitting up around 10% that is really shocking me.....unless its all thier hooch smokers who have actually got out to vote in referendum and have boosted numbers for them.... I really hope that vote goes down like  a lead balloon.....will be interesting to see what happens if it does get voted down....

IP Logged

meathunter72
Donor Member

Reply #18 - Oct 17th, 2020 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
Voting no to legalising cannabis isn't going to stop people using it Mickey.
If prohibition is supposed to stop people smoking it's clearly not working.
It will be close that is for sure.
If it gets voted down though I expect the Greens will still move to have it decriminalized or leagalsed. Given their majority it will probably happen too.

Keep the wind in your face and your freezer full.

IP Logged

recurveaddict
Donor Member

Reply #19 - Oct 18th, 2020 at 12:12am
Print Post  
So what's this mean for the tahr?

IP Logged

Bazz61
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #20 - Oct 18th, 2020 at 12:35am
Print Post  
Micky Duck wrote on Oct 17th, 2020 at 4:37pm:
Maddoghunter wrote on Oct 17th, 2020 at 3:25pm:
Micky Duck wrote on Oct 17th, 2020 at 12:03pm:
well party vote act...candidate national...yes for EOL no for dope† †† done n dusted

ques of people and piss poor coordination,not helped by rather slow lady behind the desk.....average age of the 6 people on other side of desk would be late 60s/early 70s† †interesting in its self.

You voted Yes for eol?
Didnít expect that.

yes I did....and it was a real curly one for me....Christian side of me fought with it endlessly...but my life experiences and long held personal beliefs won over in the end.....
I believe a merci killing is just that..mercifull
even the great J.C. himself was speared (pun intended) at the last to end suffering quicker........you can bet the roman soldier who did so kept it quiet as his superiors would've lynched him for it...the whole point of crucifiction was a long and painful death.
we put our dog down last week.....he had lost quality of life and had started to have breathing dificulties and siezures........when the day comes that Im loosing my marbles and start shitting myself,I hope someone can extend me the same courtesy without having to become a criminal to do so.
as said...it was a HARD decision but I believe I made right voting choice.....
funny how the two referendum issues have been campaigned so differently.......folks are saying the hooch one would only be guideline and any firm policy would be subject to much change and nothing set in stone....yet when it came to other one....oh no its going to be just like this...as if no changed would happen....there were already tweaks made to it before it got to 2nd reading or it wouldn't have had support to go as far as it has. Personally I believe the coercion angle has been dealt with somewhat and checks n balances will be firmed up a heap before anything is implemented.

Look on the bright side if they legalise weed your relies can feed it to you all day in the rest home  youll die happy and never even realize your s....g yourself ...!

IP Logged

Shankspony
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #21 - Oct 18th, 2020 at 6:39am
Print Post  
recurveaddict wrote on Oct 18th, 2020 at 12:12am:
So what's this mean for the tahr?

Its not good for the tahr or firearms users.

On firearms we have to hang our hats on the royal commission. And Im not even sure they will make its findings public.

For the Tahr we have to hope Labour decides to govern alone and that the new govt makes some funding cuts in areas like conservation to pay for its other programs.

For the outdoors and rural sectors, its a shit sandwich.

Only highlight was the support ACT has achieved but not sure what they can do in opposition other than what David Seymour was doing well all ready.

IP Logged

Lauries Hut
Donor Member

Reply #22 - Oct 18th, 2020 at 9:03am
Print Post  
Micky Duck wrote on Oct 17th, 2020 at 8:41pm:
its the greens sitting up around 10% that is really shocking me.....unless its all thier hooch smokers who have actually got out to vote in referendum and have boosted numbers for them.... I really hope that vote goes down like† a lead balloon.....will be interesting to see what happens if it does get voted down....

My hunch is itís their strengthening of their position on wealth tax. (Capital gains with a more palatable name). If you look at their polling, when they firmed up their position in that the started to lift.
There are a lot of disaffected who want to see it bought it.

Hunch only, but based on what Iíve heard talking politics to those I know.

I think Labour has had some base shift, to the greens, those wanting a CGT or wealth tax.
I know, the Nats have lost voters who have strategically voted Labour, to ensure the Greens donít have a Winston First leverage.
Actís rise is obvious.

IP Logged

recurveaddict
Donor Member

Reply #23 - Oct 18th, 2020 at 9:04am
Print Post  
Thanks for the insight Shanks. Shame

IP Logged

Elite32
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #24 - Oct 18th, 2020 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
meathunter72 wrote on Oct 17th, 2020 at 8:49pm:
Voting no to legalising cannabis isn't going to stop people using it Mickey.
If prohibition is supposed to stop people smoking it's clearly not working.
It will be close that is for sure.
If it gets voted down though I expect the Greens will still move to have it decriminalized or leagalsed. Given their majority it will probably happen too.

Decriminalized was always the right way, but they want a cut of the tax and gst!

IP Logged

Elite32
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #25 - Oct 18th, 2020 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Shankspony wrote on Oct 18th, 2020 at 6:39am:
For the Tahr we have to hope Labour decides to govern alone and that the new govt makes some funding cuts in areas like conservation to pay for its other programs.

F& B owns DOC so I doubt any party can change the Thar outcome.  Get used to very few in the public land and they will turn on private land holders any minute. Just my hunch.

IP Logged

Micky Duck

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #26 - Oct 18th, 2020 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
yes decriminalizing would be better route to take..... or better still make it a misdemeanor type offence....people will always find a way to get it and smoke it......legalizing it was always going to make it problematic more so than it is now. drug driving is problem enough now.....
I believe the hooch smokers from greens have been lobbied HARD to get out and vote this time around...so the reason such a younger voter turn out....
people FORGET the greens merged with the wackybacky party a few years back......

IP Logged

Radar
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Armed Tramper 😈

Reply #27 - Oct 18th, 2020 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Itís already pretty much warnings these days - we warn everything under an ounce which is a sandwich bag full unless we can prove dealing which these days is increasingly hard. Not worth the time or effort!

Fate whispers to the warrior
'you cannot withstand the storm',
And the warrior whispers back
' I am the storm'
Toys
Tikka the T3 Hunter 7mm08
Baikal .223 Spartan
Martin Falcon 65lb Compound bow

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2020. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards