Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Installing replacement transducer (Read 1309 times)
Highland

Happy in the hills....

Installing replacement transducer
Sep 22nd, 2020 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Hi, My boat had an old fishfinder/depth finder. I have purchased a Lowrance chartplotter to replace it. The old transducer mounting holes are approx 20-25mm too high on the transom (fiberglass). Whats best to do? Thinking just put the old screws in with some marine silicone and drill new holes at correct point, when I get some glass work tidied up on the boat will get it re glassed but should be watertight or should I put some sort of plate over it? Also the instructions say the half the transducer should be below transom to get water past it but how do you work this with the angle of the hull V, just average it? Any help appreciated. Cheers I guess another option would be to get the stainless transom mounting bracket extended to use the old holes but that could be a muck around? Any help appreciated. cheers

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2020. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards