Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Auckland Waikato Season Summary (Read 1044 times)
WaikatoHunter
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Auckland Waikato Season Summary
Jun 29th, 2020 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Hi All,  I hope everyone had an enjoyable season in the Auckland Waikato Region.  I would be interested in hearing others thoughts on the season.

I shoot on a public lake by myself.  Had a great opening, with limits on both Saturday (by 8.30am) and Sunday, but very few ducks seen later in the season.  Ended up with 33 mallards/greys for the season, with maybe abut 40 hours of hunting time. 

I suspect there are still lots of ducks out there but not enough hunters out to shift them around.   

Any other experiences/ideas?

Cheers

IP Logged

Pighunter Al
Donor Member

Re: Auckland Waikato Season Summary
Reply #1 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
I shot this season, first one in 25 years, I shoot on a public lake and did ok, for me, I ended up with 21 mallards, 2 Canada geese. But the most important thing for me was seeing my GWP bitch grow in ability and enjoyment over the season. I had forgotten the pleasure of hunting with a good dog. Now itís time to get into the pheasants and quail.
I am also hooked on those Canadaís

IP Logged

thebomb
Donor Member

Re: Auckland Waikato Season Summary
Reply #2 - Oct 1st, 2020 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Public Huntly lake,opening day got limit but hard work,Sunday 3 till 11am ,3other morning hunts at same lake not another shot fired at mallards,plenty of geese in the air though,gonna be only real game bird to chase in 5 yrs where I shoot I reckon.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards