Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic mallards eating shit (Read 1339 times)
bufferzone
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

mallards eating shit
May 30th, 2020 at 9:43am
Print Post  
not duckhunter myself.  Theres an impressive mob of ducks in my neighbors paddocks going hard in the cow shit, i think hes feeding palm kernal by product, people noticed this before?

IP Logged

XRhunter
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Re: mallards eating shit
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2020 at 11:44am
Print Post  
It may look like they are eating shit, but more likely they are sifting THROUGH the shit for the flatworms and grubs that come up out of the soil to eat the shit: so in essence they are eating second hand shit!

IP Logged

bufferzone
Donor Member

Reply #2 - May 30th, 2020 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
its maize there getting, interesting that they've been able to crack on to it,... ive bin watching them follow the cows for a few weeks now.

IP Logged

Micky Duck

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #3 - May 30th, 2020 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
yip just about guarantee its maize kernals they are onto....could also be grain...either way it means the cockie isnt getting 100% value from money from his feed......the maize kernals should ALL be cracked by the kernal processor in chopper (like a giant wringer off old washing machine)....the grain goes through some sort of stone grinding mill before feeding to cows,again its to crack it open so cow digests it not just shit it out

sorry to hijack thread,the ducks will taste just fine,fine cockie and ASK if you can shoot paddock when cows come out.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards