Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic First opening weekend in 25 years (Read 603 times)
Pighunter Al
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

First opening weekend in 25 years
May 24th, 2020 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
After a 25 year break I am back duck hunting, shot on. A public lake not far from home, the bird tally wasn’t anything to brag about but I got a few. I was especially pleased my GWP bitch that I got as a 12 month old with no training retrieved everything including a wounded one which had got into the Taupo.
The lake I hunt on has alublic walkway around it, yesterday I had all sorts, from a couple with 2 kids in strollers to an Asian family who wanted to video my dog retrieving and then let their kids throw stones at my decoys, at that point I politely suggested that perhaps Hamilton lake might be. Amore appropriate place for a walk in the sun.
Even this morning an elderly couple walking their two little dogs wandered past at least 12 Marmaris and when asked what they were doing said we always walk here on a Sunday and why should the walkway be closed for you duck shooters, this is a public place .
But it was great to be back in a mai mai with a caller and a dog,

IP Logged

Micky Duck

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Re: First opening weekend in 25 years
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2020 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
good to hear you back out chasing the birds.
we too had walkers,jet boat tootooers,boat test drivers and even 8 people in 3 groups who were FISHING.......three weeks AFTER season has closed for that lake....surfise to say they were told in semi polite terms,all packed up and left.
great to hear your dog did the bizo for you

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards