Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Do anyone know who was arrested for hunting (Read 16530 times)
Old School
Forum Senior

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Do anyone know who was arrested for hunting
Reply #15 - Apr 28th, 2020 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
ItS all a crock of shit . I know for a fact that the iwi roadblocks in Murupara were stopping all outsiders from heading towards Minginui and Urewera , but were letting the locals and their mates from Rotorua.
How do i know , two of my workers from Rotorua went up to Ruatahuna for a weeks hunting for the roar during level 4 lockdown . Even brought some venison to work today.

Why have we two seperate sets of rules in this country ..

IP Logged

Radar
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Armed Tramper 😈

Reply #16 - Apr 28th, 2020 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Because you’re labelled a racist if you try to point it out👿

Plenty of pics of Gang members on road blocks too but the Govt is suppressing that......fake news.

I’ve read the opinion piece by Sue and whilst I may not agree with all of it there are some salient points.
I reserve my decision.

Fate whispers to the warrior
'you cannot withstand the storm',
And the warrior whispers back
' I am the storm'
Toys
Tikka the T3 Hunter 7mm08
Baikal .223 Spartan
Martin Falcon 65lb Compound bow

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #17 - Apr 28th, 2020 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Plenty of pics of Gang members on road blocks too but the Govt is suppressing that......fake news.

Seriously? I can imagine the media might be, but to say the Govt is is simply a stretch of the imagination. What evidence do you have for such a statement?

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Micky Duck
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Apr 28th, 2020 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
so let me see if I have this correct....
this person has decided to go hunting for four days 230ish kms away from his home...on doc ADMINISTERED land when its been close to access.....against all advice to stay home
when 99.9% of other hunters have done what were told/asked to do...have given up yearly roar....have accepted delayed duckshooting season
this person has gone out KNOWING what he was doing was against the wishes of the government
this person has said F8CK the rest of you hunters..
this person has said f%ck you SAR personel who might have to come n get him if he fell off a rock and broke ankle
this person has said f@ck all the older folks who this lockdown is trying to protect
this person has said f#ck you to all the small busnesses who are going broke because thier doors have been shut.
and YOU are looking to defend him Alan??????

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #19 - Apr 28th, 2020 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
oh dear reminds me of the meltdown that lead to the creation of the dark side. Come back Micky, its distressing.. but not that bad.

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Backcountry Bob
Donor Member

Reply #20 - Apr 28th, 2020 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Plus DOC has cancelled all hunting permits so carrying a rifle would have been illegal regardless of anything else

IP Logged

Striker
Donor Member

Bigger Better Faster Stronger<br
/>

Reply #21 - Apr 28th, 2020 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Backcountry Bob wrote on Apr 28th, 2020 at 8:18pm:
Plus DOC has cancelled all hunting permits so carrying a rifle would have been illegal regardless of anything else

I'm trying to find where it says the current permits have been canceled?
the only email I got was saying hunting wasn't allowed as well other recreational activities at this time.
and that new permits were not being issued.

<div style=

IP Logged

Cantyguy
Donor Member

Reply #22 - Apr 28th, 2020 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
What they did was cancel all permits for roar ballot blocks and disable the permit function on their website. As far as I'm aware my permit is still valid when hunting on DOC land is again permitted.

Digital Hunter...in search of the perfect pic

IP Logged

alan and sunny
Donor Member

Reply #23 - Apr 29th, 2020 at 12:01am
Print Post  
FUSION wrote on Apr 28th, 2020 at 4:11pm:
in two weeks hopefully we can all go hunting!

Sorry FUSION
It looks like the fun police still won't let you out unless they define local

Taken from https://covid19.govt.nz/

Alert Level 2 — Reduce
The disease is contained, but the risk of community transmission remains.

Risk assessment
Household transmission could be occurring.
Single or isolated cluster outbreaks.
Range of measures (can be applied locally or nationally)
Physical distancing of 1 metre outside the home (including on public transport).
Gatherings of up to 100 people indoors and 500 outdoors allowed while maintaining physical distancing and contact tracing requirements.
Sport and recreation activities are allowed if conditions on gatherings are met, physical distancing is followed and travel is local.
Public venues can open but must comply with conditions on gatherings, and undertake public health measures.
Health services operate as normally as possible.
Most businesses open, and business premises can be open for staff and customers with appropriate measures in place. Alternative ways of working are encouraged, such as remote working, shift-based working, physical distancing, staggering meal breaks, flexible leave.
Schools and Early Childhood Education centres open, with distance learning available for those unable to attend school, such as people self-isolating.
People advised to avoid non-essential inter-regional travel.
People at high risk of severe illness (older people and those with existing medical conditions) are encouraged to stay at home where possible, and take additional precautions when leaving home. They may choose to work.

IP Logged

Radar
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Armed Tramper 😈

Reply #24 - Apr 29th, 2020 at 6:49am
Print Post  
HC - the Govt - specifically Jacinder has stated on live TV that it was not so, she then went further to say that there was no evidence and that was the end of the matter as far as she was concerned. That was at one of the live shows at 1300hrs. It was in relation to Simon Bridges trying to get into Maketu in his mini bus (idiot move to be fair)
If Jacinder said it - it must be the truth!  Maybe suppressed was too strong but total denial in the face of evidence? That’s a Trump way of doing things.

Fate whispers to the warrior
'you cannot withstand the storm',
And the warrior whispers back
' I am the storm'
Toys
Tikka the T3 Hunter 7mm08
Baikal .223 Spartan
Martin Falcon 65lb Compound bow

IP Logged

Maddoghunter
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Reply #25 - Apr 29th, 2020 at 7:10am
Print Post  
BC wrote on Apr 28th, 2020 at 10:57am:
If you travel 230km or what ever to hunt illegally, and know the risks, and get caught. Good job I say.

You are meant to be a political party Alan, not a citizen's advice bureau.

Don't confuse legal rights with societal rights. Mostly society will say he was an irresponsible idiot. And if you push this, they will put you in the same basket.

He didn’t drive 230km to go hunting.
It was a 230km round trip.
Media extrapolation 😡

IP Logged

Maddoghunter
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Reply #26 - Apr 29th, 2020 at 7:16am
Print Post  
Cantyguy wrote on Apr 28th, 2020 at 9:51pm:
What they did was cancel all permits for roar ballot blocks and disable the permit function on their website. As far as I'm aware my permit is still valid when hunting on DOC land is again permitted.

Same here. Big difference between not issuing new permits and revoking the current ones.
If they want to revoke my permit all they have to do is email me, which they have chosen to not do.
Permit valid!

IP Logged

Maddoghunter
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Reply #27 - Apr 29th, 2020 at 7:26am
Print Post  
Quote:
so let me see if I have this correct....
this person has decided to go hunting for four days 230ish kms away from his home...on doc ADMINISTERED land when its been close to access.....against all advice to stay home
when 99.9% of other hunters have done what were told/asked to do...have given up yearly roar....have accepted delayed duckshooting season
this person has gone out KNOWING what he was doing was against the wishes of the government
this person has said F8CK the rest of you hunters..
this person has said f%ck you SAR personel who might have to come n get him if he fell off a rock and broke ankle
this person has said f@ck all the older folks who this lockdown is trying to protect
this person has said f#ck you to all the small busnesses who are going broke because thier doors have been shut.
and YOU are looking to defend him Alan??????

Picture a Ute rolling down a hill in a ball of flames. That’s the Outdoors Party since the change of co leaders.

When you’ve cooled down please come back, you’re very much valued here.

IP Logged

BC
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #28 - Apr 29th, 2020 at 7:29am
Print Post  
Maddoghunter wrote on Apr 29th, 2020 at 7:10am:
If you travel 230km or what ever to hunt illegally, and know the risks, and get caught. Good job I say.

Don't confuse legal rights with societal rights. Mostly society will say he was an irresponsible idiot. And if you push this, they will put you in the same basket.

He didn’t drive 230km to go hunting.
It was a 230km round trip.
Media extrapolation 😡

The round trip was how I interpreted the media report.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

Carlsen Highway
Forum Font

Reply #29 - Apr 29th, 2020 at 7:47am
Print Post  

Whoever heard of an unlawful law?

All DOC hunting permits were rescinded at the start of this. He was hunting unlawfully, there is no defense that can be brought and it would be cruel to offer up some half-baked legal support to this guy and get his hopes up.

Who also, lets remember, doesn't deserve any help. He went out and did what we all had the moral and legal sense not to.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2020. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards