Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Do anyone know who was arrested for hunting (Read 16450 times)
FUSION
Forum Senior

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Do anyone know who was arrested for hunting
Reply #105 - May 7th, 2020 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Micky Duck wrote on May 7th, 2020 at 4:33pm:
and today I heard from mate who lives nearby that some people were shooting ducks at wainono lagoon on opening weekend..........  gee I wonder if "somebody" is going to jump in and offer them legal support to get off and charges??????
thats DOC administered land.
gamebird season LEGALLY closed
using firearm on land without permission

Hearsay is not admissible evidence in court.

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #106 - May 7th, 2020 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Good chance Conservation land will be open again next week.  Smiley

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

BC
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #107 - May 7th, 2020 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
headcase wrote on May 7th, 2020 at 6:16pm:

Make my bed up. Smiley

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #108 - May 7th, 2020 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
FUSION wrote on May 7th, 2020 at 4:32pm:
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/300006616/legal-challenge-ov...

I fully agree with this legal challenge. If the government have acted ultra vires what is to stop them  acting that way in future?  it could happen with firearms laws for one.

There's the danger, the government has done an extraordinary job of 'selling us the cure' - I already see any opposition being scorned, slapped down - almost treasonous.
There must be 'opposition', another point of view - the flaws must be examined and the findings laid out on the rug for all to see less our ignorance be complete.

And our voice unheard ................  Undecided

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #109 - May 7th, 2020 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
headcase wrote on May 7th, 2020 at 6:16pm:

Choyce - I'll go and flog wood off Conservation Land  Smiley

IP Logged

FUSION
Forum Senior

Reply #110 - May 7th, 2020 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
SF90 wrote on May 7th, 2020 at 6:35pm:
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/300006616/legal-challenge-ov...

I fully agree with this legal challenge. If the government have acted ultra vires what is to stop them  acting that way in future?  it could happen with firearms laws for one.

There's the danger, the government has done an extraordinary job of 'selling us the cure' - I already see any opposition being scorned, slapped down - almost treasonous.
There must be 'opposition', another point of view - the flaws must be examined and the findings laid out on the rug for all to see less our ignorance be complete.

And our voice unheard ................  Undecided

The power of Jacinda mania!

all the  Labour Party supporters on here better start practicing to hunt with a bow Grin

IP Logged

Fordy
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Codeslut

Reply #111 - May 7th, 2020 at 6:46pm
Print Post  

Yep and they just got caught with their pants down - the bulk of what they did was unlawful - so those who were arrested for hunting, surfing and other criminal activities should be able to successfully challenge.

https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/heather-du-plessis-allan-drive/audio/barry-s...

IP Logged

Fordy
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Codeslut

Reply #112 - May 7th, 2020 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
And the checkpoints and legality of this was exposed here with leaked emails from police

https://thebfd.co.nz/2020/05/04/exclusive-government-and-police-lockdown-actions...

IP Logged

Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #113 - May 7th, 2020 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
It seems that what we were saying was correct all along and the ban on hunting and fishing was unlawful. It was a shame the NZDA climbed into me when I questioned it in the NZ Herald without thinking for one second we might have been right. They followed the government line and aquessed when surly there role should have been to advocate for hunting. i know of some who left the NZDA because of there wimpish advocacy not only on this issue but on 1080 especially the Molesworth affair.. It seems once again it will be over to a political party like us to do their job for them and try and stop the next blanket poisoning of what animals are  left on Molesworth. The NZDA are missing in action!
https://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz/rioting-in-the-streets-or-paradise-in-the-great-...
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12322620
NZ Deerstalkers Association president Trevor Chappell said the comments were "inappropriate at this time".

He said his group was "opposed" to the NZ Outdoor Party's view, and that they had informed their members they should be following the government's rules on staying home.

"If everybody plays their part and stays home we should be able to get through this Covid-19 outbreak and our members will be able to get out hunting again."

Chappell said nobody wanted to put emergency service workers at risk by putting themselves in potential danger.

http://suegrey.co.nz/index.php/2020/04/23/when-the-cure-is-more-disruptive-than-...
All those people who the police have prosecuted hahhahahah
So the chap who went hunting that started this thread should have the charges dropped.

Co-leader NZ Outdoors Party http://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz
Book. Born to The Outdoors http://www.alan-simmons.com/book
IP Logged

Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #114 - May 7th, 2020 at 7:53pm
Print Post  

Co-leader NZ Outdoors Party http://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz
Book. Born to The Outdoors http://www.alan-simmons.com/book
IP Logged

allroundslayer

Reply #115 - May 7th, 2020 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Just reading that Sue Gray report thing you posted Allan, some things just don't add up, here is a cut and paste out of it.

The good news is that despite the Covid hype, the 2020 overall death rates for most countries are similar to death rate trends in other years. All that has changed is the reported cause of death, with many pneumonia or coronary deaths now reported as death by Covid (often because covid was present, whether or not it was the primary cause).

The bit i don't understand with this is if the death rates were the same as other years why would they be need to build mass graves and have mass buries in parks and so on?. And the hospitals have been full to the brim and so on? Surely this is not going on every year? So basically I don't think you have to be a rocket scientist to work out this report is clearly rubbish!!!!!

IP Logged

BC
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #116 - May 7th, 2020 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
Well, you aren't quite there yet Alan. Your argument is still only based on legal opinion and has yet to be tested.

In any event, I still hold to my previous view:

The fundamental argument (and I agree with it) is that in a democracy (and we are still a great one) Gov must only and always act legally through a mandate from parliament.

Socially though, I still think that any one who has acted out side of the spirit of the rules is a bloody idiot.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

Oscar
Donor Member

Let Us Prey

Reply #117 - May 7th, 2020 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
Alan - it looks like the Crown LA advice relates to the 1st directive/Health Notice on 25 March

The 2nd, on 3 April, was not challenged by Crown Law and it was that one that specifically prohibited hunting and other activities. (And its the second one that Trevor Chappell refers to)

Covid 19 coronavirus: Leaked Crown Law documents question legal force of alert level 4 rules

Quote:
"The key point being, between March 24 and April 3 much of the "Lockdown rules" actually had no enforceability in law - which is what Crown Law is saying, and which is why the new notice had to be issued," Professor Geddis said.

Herbs before herbivores

Not all those who wander are lost

IP Logged

Fordy
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Codeslut

Reply #118 - May 7th, 2020 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
BC wrote on May 7th, 2020 at 8:46pm:

The fundamental argument (and I agree with it) is that in a democracy (and we are still a great one) Gov must only and always act legally through a mandate from parliament.

What great democracy which you speak of are we living in?

So the Government in your opinion have been acting lawfully (not legally)?

IP Logged

BC
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #119 - May 7th, 2020 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Fordy wrote on May 7th, 2020 at 9:47pm:
BC wrote on May 7th, 2020 at 8:46pm:

What great democracy which you speak of are we living in?

So the Government in your opinion have been acting lawfully (not legally)?

No. What  I said was it (the Gov) ought to always act within the laws because that is a basic principle of a democracy. I do not  know if it has been or not because I have seen nothing beyond an opinion.

If it has not, the voters will decide what should be done about it.

And yes, we are still a great democracy by any standard.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2020. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards