Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Duckshooting Delayed (Read 2221 times)
Micky Duck

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Re: Duckshooting Delayed
Reply #15 - May 3rd, 2020 at 10:20am
Print Post  
lol,trying to not get fatter...and to stay quieter Mate.....needed time out so didnt say anything (by signing off it physically prevented it)I might regret later.sometimes its better to retreat and regroup than to go off nut.....well I hope it is anyway.

you know those wind driven wing spinners???? the ones we never seem to get quite enough wind to make work....well mine is up in back yard and has been going constantly for two days Angry Angry Angry you just have to laugh at the irony. Grin Grin

IP Logged

Micky Duck

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #16 - May 7th, 2020 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
so I see in newspaper today.......under level 2 still no overnighters....but allowed to travel around country......ummmm how does that work???? does that mean when Simon Bridges travels from Tauranga to Wellington for work...he MUST drive home again at end of day????
surely it has to be an oversight......
I can overnight for work..stay out of town if carting stock...so whats less safe about putting up tent???

IP Logged

Micky Duck

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #17 - May 7th, 2020 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
yeplurryhaaaaaa
hot off Fish n Game website

3.30pm 7 May 2020
The Prime Minister has announced the restrictions for Level 2 today and it is very good news for game bird hunters.
Retail stores will be open with some social distancing restrictions
You can travel to your maimai to make preparations
You can travel nationally and stay overnight while following public health measures
You can use boats
Public conservation land will be open for game bird hunting but DOC huts and camping grounds have some guidelines
Maintain social distancing from people you don't know and keep a record of everyone you come in to contact with
Your hunting group is not restricted but the smaller the group the better
Hunt safely in areas that you know and do not pose obvious risk
Avoid sharing equipment with others
Be safe in all your interactions as much as you possibly can
If you are sick or have any symptoms as minor as a runny nose - Stay home
On Monday May 11, the Prime Minister will likely make an announcement about the timing of a move to Level 2. We will confirm the season commencement date as soon as we can after that. We will also advise any extensions to seasons on a regional basis as soon as practically possible.

IP Logged

Micky Duck

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #18 - May 7th, 2020 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
can travel
can stay overnight
can use boats

YABADABADOOOOOOOO look out ducks we be coming after youuuuuuuu Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

FUSION
Forum Senior

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #19 - May 7th, 2020 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Micky Duck wrote on May 7th, 2020 at 4:09pm:
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
yeplurryhaaaaaa
hot off Fish n Game website

3.30pm 7 May 2020
The Prime Minister has announced the restrictions for Level 2 today and it is very good news for game bird hunters.
Retail stores will be open with some social distancing restrictions
You can travel to your maimai to make preparations
You can travel nationally and stay overnight while following public health measures
You can use boats
Public conservation land will be open for game bird hunting but DOC huts and camping grounds have some guidelines
Maintain social distancing from people you don't know and keep a record of everyone you come in to contact with
Your hunting group is not restricted but the smaller the group the better
Hunt safely in areas that you know and do not pose obvious risk
Avoid sharing equipment with others
Be safe in all your interactions as much as you possibly can
If you are sick or have any symptoms as minor as a runny nose - Stay home
On Monday May 11, the Prime Minister will likely make an announcement about the timing of a move to Level 2. We will confirm the season commencement date as soon as we can after that. We will also advise any extensions to seasons on a regional basis as soon as practically possible.

Thats great news, I haven't hunted ducks for a number of years but will never forget those opening mornings waiting in the dark listening to ducks landing on the pond,  before you can start shooting.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards