Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Duckshooting Delayed (Read 2222 times)
fowlplay
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Duckshooting Delayed
Apr 23rd, 2020 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Duckshooting will be permitted on the 2nd weekend after level 2 status. That may be June if we sit at level 3 for 4 or more weeks. Anyone have a more educated guess of liklihood of getting a shooting season in?

IP Logged

QUACKERS
Forum Font

DUCK FEVER NEVER DIES.

Re: Duckshooting Delayed
Reply #1 - Apr 23rd, 2020 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
I'd say most likely it will happen they wouldn't have changed legislation amd amended policy for nithing .If if we continue abiding the law at The moment it will likely be eradicated almost completely this Corona virus

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 23rd, 2020 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
we will get a run at the ducks...Eugene wants them all gone,twigs n twitters want them gone.....we will get a go it will just be a tad later...and MOST folks wont shoot later if allowed as birds are paired up for breeding.

IP Logged

willy2

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #3 - Apr 23rd, 2020 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
sleeping on it for a few days , i have such a† tiny limited public† †hunting opportunity's in my area ,† that i can get to and try for a bird† maybe 3† that , i will see what happens , and to top it of this year the areas been opened up a bit so† ever man and his dog maybe veiling for 3† or 4 spots to peg

any one know if eastern going to extend its season and to what 2 weeks 3  after when ever opening is

IP Logged

Dairyman38
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #4 - Apr 23rd, 2020 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Seems hunting ban under level 3 has been lifted but only on private land

IP Logged

hauraki hunter
Donor Member

Reply #5 - Apr 23rd, 2020 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
My ponds almost dry so the delays not looking a bad thing. Wink

IP Logged

swamp rat
Just Joined

Reply #6 - Apr 26th, 2020 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Hi there is no duck shooting on private or public land until 2 weeks after level 2.
Farmers on there own land cannot shoot come this week end. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Apr 26th, 2020 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
dont know about everyone else...but my poor decoys are getting dizzy,they have been in and out of drums that much...strings checked,weights fitted,paint repaired....then pait rechecked...then think of something else and they come out again....tis a bugger not being able to go and get test pots from resene.....
boat has had paint applied
kayak been cleaned down and bum of it painted twice,the seam along edge resealed/screwed...must take it out this season,just love shooting ducks from it later in season.
callers have been quacked or honked through
lanyards....now there is a job I can do....bit of para cord and spring from a biro works well....

IP Logged

willy2

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #8 - Apr 26th, 2020 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
still 9 today any one know the criteria for level 2 with numbers sitting above 5 each day im not to sure  they will set level 2 to soon

they have it low but where are theses numbers coming from

IP Logged

QUACKERS
Forum Font

DUCK FEVER NEVER DIES.

Reply #9 - Apr 27th, 2020 at 7:30am
Print Post  
The numbers don't necessarily come from New cases ... sometimes a probable case the day before is a confirmed case in the coming days . As long as the people who have it stay home and don't transmit then we should be fine....the goverment government should be coming oit with if u are out of your house so to speak travelling ib the community then I will imprisoned immediately. That would take care of some of the idiots out there.

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Apr 27th, 2020 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
decoys came back out again this morning...had brain flash in middle of night about my handpainted spoonies.....there is metallic blue nail polish around here somewhere..... a couple of very light dobs and a VERY light brush across heads has given me the blue tinge with mettalic sheen over the base slate grey...very BLING indeed.....
little canoe has been regigged,the sides were getting verythin and cracked where too much force had been applied in previous years...ply on inside,sheet tin on outside,screwed together has firmed it up very well.Daughter is having a ball painting it.

IP Logged

mallardbuster
Forum Font

Bad day hunting beats
a good day working

Reply #11 - Apr 28th, 2020 at 8:43am
Print Post  
Good on you Micky Duck,I've done the same,even flocked some parrie decoys,But remember we must still remain in the rules,I see a hunter has been prosecuted for hunting on doc land and drive a 230km round trip,Letís hope we can get two level 2 so we can get some game birds, Wink Wink

IP Logged

willy2

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #12 - Apr 28th, 2020 at 10:46am
Print Post  
QUACKERS wrote on Apr 27th, 2020 at 7:30am:
The numbers don't necessarily come from New cases ... sometimes a probable case the day before is a confirmed case in the coming days . As long as the people who have it stay home and don't transmit then we should be fine....the goverment government should be coming oit with if u are out of your house so to speak travelling ib the community then I will imprisoned immediately. That would take care of some of the idiots out there.

yes if you have it or some one in your bubble or close enough has a maybe on it ,

other than that  as your car is part of your bubble  going for a little drive  with no contact with others  in my book should be fine , but then its all about the what ifs and you need emergency services etc

IP Logged

Micky Duck

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #13 - May 2nd, 2020 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
Drove through Fairlie at dawn today...the autumn colours were gobsmackingly glorious.......it was a lovely day for a drive and for first time in 18 years I wasnt shooting ducks AND the wind blew all day Angry Angry
nevermind,still breathing and the ducks are getting fatter and quieter.

IP Logged

X-POACHER-YEAH RYT
Ex Member

Reply #14 - May 3rd, 2020 at 10:15am
Print Post  
Hope you are getting fatter, and quieter also MD, nice to see your return.  Cheesy Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards