Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic SCANNING NEGATIVES (Read 4126 times)
alan and sunny
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

SCANNING NEGATIVES
Apr 3rd, 2020 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
Does anyone have any experience using the scanners like this one on AliExpress ?   I've got lots of old family negatives to save. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33001472767.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.1b752e0es...

IP Logged

Huntsouth
Forum Font

Re: SCANNING NEGATIVES
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2020 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Yes, it would be interesting if others have used that device or similar product? I have had scanned about 400 photos and some negatives 4 years ago here in Chch at my local camera shop. The price about $200.00 for them all. I was quite pleased to have them all on a USB stick. Hunting pics from a long time ago now made more accessible to view.

IP Logged

.threeoeight
Forum Senior

Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2020 at 10:11am
Print Post  
Similar thing. Found a few hundred slides of my late fathers. Mostly pig hunting but some great pics from Fiordland on a Wapiti trip. Featuring the MV Tarawera loaded with hunters going to there blocks. And some great Wapiti pics from when there was still a few left.
Would be great to digitize those.

Its the nut behind the butt, that counts.

IP Logged

Huntsouth
Forum Font

Reply #3 - Apr 5th, 2020 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Get a quote from a Camera/Processing place to have them scanned onto USB? Should get discount for quantity? Sounds like you have some gold slides alright? Nothing is really free nowadays!  Smiley

IP Logged

alan and sunny
Donor Member

Reply #4 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
www.thecamerashop.co.nz is $0.59 each photo/neg/slide for 100+   not a bad price unless you had thousands to do as well as loads of time.  Would of been good if I got a scanner before the lockdown but otherwise I think I'll be getting mine done there.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2020. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards