Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) Whats the go? (Read 8140 times)
Pete82
Donor Member

Meat enthusiast

Re: Whats the go?
Reply #30 - Mar 25th, 2020 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Gibson wrote on Mar 25th, 2020 at 8:25pm:
I'll be giving it a miss this year. Absolutely gutted but the issues our country are facing are bigger than my self interests, so am getting behind it.

The idea of being the muppet that sets an Epirb off in the mountains against all advice... makes me cringe

Firing up for when we kick this Covid for touch and can hit the hill again Smiley

Frame that guys and put it above the front door!  Cool

I reckon that leaving the deer alone for a while could do wonders! Just imagine all these good genetics getting passed on, instead of measly 6pointer doing the copulating it is going to be big boys herding all the ladies and doing the mass shagging. Why? Because normally you would have shot that 10+ already and all what's left later are the thin bastards! Bring on the summer with all the yearlings!

And trout, salmon? What harm could do leaving them alone at the begging/end of the spawning season eh?  Tongue

There is always silver lining...  Smiley

Shoot, cure, eat, repeat!

IP Logged

allroundslayer

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #31 - Mar 25th, 2020 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
yeah i was thinking the same pete2 ,be a lot more hinds about to as there is a lot of guys who go out for there once a year hunt in the  roar and slay a few hinds and yearlys to and along with waro not up to to much these days and maybe the odd 1080 drop not happening because of the lock down, the more i think about it, GO THE Lock Down

IP Logged

RGH
Just Joined

Reply #32 - Mar 26th, 2020 at 8:07am
Print Post  
f**king stay at home!! Simple really! I had my favourite forest booked for 2 weeks over Easter. Gutted, but hey thats just tough.  Suck it up! Better than being dead or killing your friends. Keep safe at home folks!!

IP Logged

Maddoghunter
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Reply #33 - Mar 26th, 2020 at 8:15am
Print Post  
Just hunt sika in May.
The look on the stags face will be priceless after having a month of walking straight up to anything that roars.

IP Logged

pennyless

Reply #34 - Mar 26th, 2020 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Grin Grin oop's

IP Logged

videohunter

Reply #35 - Mar 26th, 2020 at 5:09pm
Print Post  

Oscars post......."Search for hunter on Steward Island".... Undecided

Coronavirus....Alert level 4.
Wouldn't it be sad if there is a hunting related firearm death or another outdoor incident happens because someone hasn't followed the government's rules which are there for everybody's sake.

Will a outdoor incident happen in New Zealand during this virus period? Human nature is what it is.......most probaly....Time will tell.

Still, when the USA President Trump on the media has stated his "Back to work plan ......the u.s. can be open for business by Easter".....You have got to wonder?

IP Logged

rooshoot
Donor Member

Reply #36 - Mar 26th, 2020 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
pretty sure mountain biking puts a much bigger demand on the rescue choppers than hunting by far!!

IP Logged

allroundslayer

Reply #37 - Mar 26th, 2020 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Yeah it will be all over the news if a hunting does go out and then does get hurt, bad hunters bad. I wonder if the same goes for mountain bikers? the rules seem to be different for then for some stange reason, in Nelson anyway tracks are still open and good to go,and the guys at the local mountain bike club are just telling people to go slow haha wot a joke , look at the track record for mountain bike accidents be not a day that goes by a mountain biker does not end up in hospital in NZ

IP Logged

Simon Gibson

Reply #38 - Mar 27th, 2020 at 8:38am
Print Post  
Finally some good news in the media. What a relief for his family and friends in these crazy times.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/missing-hunter-on-stewart-island-survive...

bnb

IP Logged

Watties
Just Joined

Reply #39 - Mar 27th, 2020 at 10:06am
Print Post  
Check out "nzhunter_offical" Instagram page

It is a black and white explanation Embarrassed Cry

Another bloody missed Roar

IP Logged

Nomads
Donor Member

Angler, hunter, gardener,
cook

Reply #40 - Mar 27th, 2020 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Simon Gibson wrote on Mar 27th, 2020 at 8:38am:
Finally some good news in the media. What a relief for his family and friends in these crazy times.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/missing-hunter-on-stewart-island-survive...

Yes, great news indeed!

Poor guy though, that article does him no favours whatsoever
So he ate the entire deer on the first night and was hungry the next day?
His compass didn't work because he had a knife nearby somewhere?

love it
Smiley

Like a cane chair at a nudist camp, always leave an impression.

IP Logged

downwind
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #41 - Mar 27th, 2020 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Just got the email Wanaka Roar Blocks cancelled.

most people that that get them never use them anyway

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Mar 27th, 2020 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
a relative put it in perspective today....if you can loose your firearms and licence for being caught poaching...what would a judge do if you were caught hunting in an area outside your home town given the current lockdown in place??? you have directly gone against orders for the rest of the population..... totally selfish act
the folks that live on farms that have animals or are bordering hunting areas are the only folks that could concievably go hunting...but if they got hurt the fallout could well be intense.
stay in your bubbles folks.....just remember  a bubble is like virginity it only take one prick and its all over.

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #43 - Mar 27th, 2020 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Well just to keep a balance, true pest control is part of a well managed farming operation.  Ecan are still doing counts, they work alone, and those engaged in keeping the numbers at a minimum are doing the same.  In the case of people working legally there would be no fallout, and as far as SAR operations are concerned, they are only interested in the operational rescue,, not the moral arguments beyond a callout  Smiley

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Micky Duck
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Mar 27th, 2020 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
correct on the SAR front....it wasnt from direction of SAR that comment was directed......more from authority asking "and why Mr Jones were you 250kms away from your home when supposed to be in lockdown".....or even 2.5km for that matter....
if we all take a little more care than normal,hopefully nobody would have to come to our assistance.....heck today I was extra careful not to get truck stuck in wet spot....didnt want to have to ask cockie to come and get me unstuck.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2020. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards