Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) Whats the go? (Read 8515 times)
Pete82
Donor Member

Meat enthusiast

Re: Whats the go?
Reply #15 - Mar 25th, 2020 at 9:02am
Print Post  
Come on guys, just suck it up, stay home and we can hopefully all go shoot some ducks or big boys early May... This is the time when we can show everyone we could be the responsible lot...† Cool

If you got trout on your front lawn (you lucky bastard) or game animals in backyard (you luckiest bastard) that's different, but if you have to drive to get them = non-essential travel!

And if you think it sucks that you just can't go hunting I can send you my mother-in-law who so conveniently is in my house for next 4 weeks!† Angry Embarrassed Lips Sealed Grin

Stay well, lock yourselves in man caves!† Wink

Shoot, cure, eat, repeat!

IP Logged

Nomads
Donor Member

Angler, hunter, gardener,
cook

Reply #16 - Mar 25th, 2020 at 9:56am
Print Post  
Pete82 wrote on Mar 25th, 2020 at 9:02am:
Come on guys, just suck it up, stay home and we can hopefully all go shoot some ducks or big boys early May... This is the time when we can show everyone we could be the responsible lot...† Cool

If you got trout on your front lawn (you lucky bastard) or game animals in backyard (you luckiest bastard) that's different, but if you have to drive to get them = non-essential travel!

And if you think it sucks that you just can't go hunting I can send you my mother-in-law who so conveniently is in my house for next 4 weeks!† Angry Embarrassed Lips Sealed Grin

Stay well, lock yourselves in man caves!† Wink

Well said mate.

Like a cane chair at a nudist camp, always leave an impression.

IP Logged

ICEMAN
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #17 - Mar 25th, 2020 at 9:59am
Print Post  
Stay home guys, we are no more entitled than others.
Been rebuilding my health/ability to hunt for the last couple of years and now ready for this Roar and absolutely gutted.
I hear DOC are revoking all hunting permits issued so hopefully that will get a few more of us  to see sense.

Stay safe people and see you in the hills in a few weeks (hopefully)

IP Logged

imjustme

Reply #18 - Mar 25th, 2020 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Next roar is going to be fking awesome......
Good time to be getting over a shoulder op after all. Silver lining found

IP Logged

Huntdeepsouth
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #19 - Mar 25th, 2020 at 11:14am
Print Post  
We have to stay home and forget about ourselves for a while and do what is in the best interests of our country, dare i say it but this is the war our generation has to face and luckly we dont have to bear arms and go and fight, we just have to make the sacrifice of staying home and going nowhere for a month or longer. stay safe

IP Logged

Rich
Donor Member

Reply #20 - Mar 25th, 2020 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Huntdeepsouth wrote on Mar 25th, 2020 at 11:14am:
We have to stay home and forget about ourselves for a while and do what is in the best interests of our country, dare i say it but this is the war our generation has to face and luckly we dont have to bear arms and go and fight, we just have to make the sacrifice of staying home and going nowhere for a month or longer. stay safe

Totally agree. There will be plenty of stags around in winter to have a crack at anyway

IP Logged

smokin salmon
Forum Senior

Reply #21 - Mar 25th, 2020 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Yep all good.Youre right 205 cases of covid now .Going to pop down for a quick fish ( on my own )and then put the gear away till next year.
Yep , keep safe.

IP Logged

bobby6

Reply #22 - Mar 25th, 2020 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Huntdeepsouth wrote on Mar 25th, 2020 at 11:14am:

Well said

IP Logged

Oscar
Donor Member

Let Us Prey

Reply #23 - Mar 25th, 2020 at 4:55pm
Print Post  

Herbs before herbivores

Not all those who wander are lost

IP Logged

hawken 50

Reply #24 - Mar 25th, 2020 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Well I'm in luck then as I cross the road and I'm hunting but also in an Essential Service so it's just the norm for me although I tend to leave the local deer alone so freezer fillers only. Smiley

IP Logged

Radar
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Armed Tramper 😈

Reply #25 - Mar 25th, 2020 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Worst case scenario is Martial Law Iím hoping we can all behave and not go that far. Iím lucky? I have to go to work but thatís become a scary place as well. Itís a bit like being on community detention when everyone else around is on Home Detention🤣
I gotta keep looking at the humorous side of life at the moment

Fate whispers to the warrior
'you cannot withstand the storm',
And the warrior whispers back
' I am the storm'
Toys
Tikka the T3 Hunter 7mm08
Baikal .223 Spartan
Martin Falcon 65lb Compound bow

IP Logged

allroundslayer

Reply #26 - Mar 25th, 2020 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Be interesting to see wot the stats are going to be on people hurting then selfs doing DIY at home in lock down, I reckon it will go through the roof!! nearly every second trailer has a pile of paint and timber on it. I talked to a guy today who was in resene paint shop apparently they did more trade in one day this week than in a whole month of usually trading maybe they should have bared that as well if they really don't want to tie up medical staff. But yes I do get the whole shut down and don't go hunting thing because there will be always someone who will stop at the hut for a night or travel from one end of country to other and so on. But i do think if it is going to be a shut down they should do it right from the start, letting people head to the beach and park for a walk and then head off to the super market every second  day because you are bored of sitting at home is a joke! it is not going to work, so this whole thing will just keep dragging on and on, humans are dumb,look at all the clowns coming back from overseas and not doing the right thing, do it once do it right i say.

IP Logged

NIMROD
Donor Member

Made in New Zealand

Reply #27 - Mar 25th, 2020 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
All very clear now a "National State of Emergency" has been declared...... Just do as your told and help beat this thing Smiley

Better to Burn out than it is to Rust

IP Logged

Gibson

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #28 - Mar 25th, 2020 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
I'll be giving it a miss this year. Absolutely gutted but the issues our country are facing are bigger than my self interests, so am getting behind it.

The idea of being the muppet that sets an Epirb off in the mountains against all advice... makes me cringe

Firing up for when we kick this Covid for touch and can hit the hill again Smiley

IP Logged

allroundslayer

Reply #29 - Mar 25th, 2020 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
Cut and paste this out of stuff, mountain bikers seem to be way more safe than hunters it seems,

Nelson Mountain Bike Club President Mel Schroder said the club was hopeful people could ride their bikes so long as they did it safely.

"The thing is we're really aware of is the fact people are going to need some fresh air and exercise during this time, but also really encouraging people that if they do go out and ride the bikes, that they do it really sensibly."

Schroder said the general consensus among mountain bike associations across New Zealand and internationally, was that if people were to ride, they needed to be smart about it.

"It's about making sure they stick to easy tracks, they're not out long, and they keep their social distancing Ė all those things that are being promoted.

"We don't want people to do anything silly to endanger themselves or put strain on the health system."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2020. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards