Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) Whats the go? (Read 8518 times)
smokin salmon
Forum Senior

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Whats the go?
Mar 24th, 2020 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
So some sites/people are saying you can go solo hunting and fishing. Fish and game are saying its prohibited.
Has it been clarified anywhere. How come you can go for a walk or ride a bike on your own but canít  go for a fish or a hunt.
Its a bit vague to be honest.

IP Logged

rooshoot
Donor Member

Re: Whats the go?
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2020 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Government has just released a statement overriding nz firsts statement about being allowed to hunt.  They are saying hunting and fishing are prohibited.

IP Logged

smokin salmon
Forum Senior

Reply #2 - Mar 24th, 2020 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Thats interesting Rooshoot. The lady on the 6 oclock news just said ď you dont need to stay inside, you can go for a walk, ride. , or even go to the beach for a walk , as long as you stay 2 feet from anyone whos not in your family /groupď.etc.
Doesnt seem quite ďfairĒ if you see what I mean.

IP Logged

smokin salmon
Forum Senior

Reply #3 - Mar 24th, 2020 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Where do you find those statements . Had a look on covid /govt site .( bloke look)  Grin

IP Logged

rooshoot
Donor Member

Reply #4 - Mar 24th, 2020 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Google hunting nz during covid 19.  Think it was tvnz site.  Its gutting to say the least.  Hope they change their mind.

IP Logged

rooshoot
Donor Member

Reply #5 - Mar 24th, 2020 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
There maybe some confusion over it.

IP Logged

smokin salmon
Forum Senior

Reply #6 - Mar 24th, 2020 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
According to a release from Fish & Game NZ, no one should be hunting while the country is at level four of its Covid-19 alert system.
"The Governmentís clear intention at this stage is that fishing and hunting are prohibited during the alert level four lockdown period," the statement said.

Well  the Govt should put that in writing. I havent seen anything that clarifies (am I right in saying intention is something thats going to be done ?) the rules like saying ď no one is to go hunting or fishing ( on their own ) during stage 4 ď. Then we would know for sure.
Like clear in black and white writing. Youre right ,its confusing in alot of areas. Dont get me wrong , Im immune compromised and I dont want the bloody thing and I dont want anyone to get it.
I just cant see the difference between a walk up a mountain on your own or a river with the Mrs  to a walk down the street where youre far more likely to bump into other people. ( Im just grumpy cause I want to shoot something with my new gun).

IP Logged

Huttboynz
Just Joined

Reply #7 - Mar 24th, 2020 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Iím absolutely devastated.  Iíve just returned home from overseas, and havenít had a hunt in the roar period for six odd years. Been back since and had great summer stints in the bush. But i thought camping out would have been alright, but obviously not. I can understand the safety side to it but how many hunters get themselves into a spot of bother each roar anyway? Well I can only hope to get out before I return overseas again. Guess we get selfish sometimes but itís a c***.

IP Logged

XRhunter
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Reply #8 - Mar 24th, 2020 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
So go for a walk on the beach is fine, but throw out a line and its not?

Its fine to endanger your health in a crowded supermarket, attempting to stay 2 m apart, but its not permitted to squirrel yourself away in the bush where the closest human is 5km away Sad

Not well thought out for sure.

IP Logged

dan

Reply #9 - Mar 24th, 2020 at 8:35pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Maddoghunter
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Reply #10 - Mar 24th, 2020 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Mate just go. Thereís been that much conflicting information youíre  never gonna get in much shit if someone has a problem with it.

IP Logged

Radar
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Armed Tramper 😈

Reply #11 - Mar 25th, 2020 at 6:07am
Print Post  
The Govt hasnít banned you going bush, but Iím picking from what I see is that at some stage unless we take the appropriate measures like staying at home that it wonít remain a recommendation but will become a legally enforced requirement.
The idea of shutting the country down is to stop movement, thatís whatís spreading the virus. If we canít do it voluntarily we will be made to do it compulsorily. It only takes a law change. And under duress the Govt will do it. The prime example was the gun laws and make no mistake they could do it again.

Fate whispers to the warrior
'you cannot withstand the storm',
And the warrior whispers back
' I am the storm'
Toys
Tikka the T3 Hunter 7mm08
Baikal .223 Spartan
Martin Falcon 65lb Compound bow

IP Logged

allroundslayer

Reply #12 - Mar 25th, 2020 at 6:40am
Print Post  
I hear ya Radar, but if it is closer for me to drive to go hunting to shoot a deer to feed the family and catch a fish to feed the family instead of going into town to a supermarket full of people passing the virus around like no tomorrow i know which one is safer for me and my family to get a feed and it is not the supermarket! who ever has ever believes having people in town is better than having people roaming the hills finding food clearly has no idea. I did read something about they don't want the health system getting used up on hunters getting injured in hills which is just a bloody joke even if you did the maths i bet more people will get sick from going to the super market than ever going hunting

IP Logged

XRhunter
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Reply #13 - Mar 25th, 2020 at 7:14am
Print Post  
Where did Sir Edmund Hillary break his leg?? Scaling a mountain? Bashing through the bush? fording a raging river?

No. Slipped over in his shower Roll Eyes

IP Logged

smokin salmon
Forum Senior

Reply #14 - Mar 25th, 2020 at 8:16am
Print Post  
I can see where youre coming from Radar.If you start to see heaps of people walking the streets and stopping for an quick chat then I think the laws will tighten. You wont be able to leave your property as I think may have just been enforced in Great Britain(?).in saying that , they didnt give a sh..t and went to Saturday markets etc

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2020. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards