Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Is Fish and Game fit for purpose???? (Read 1224 times)
jedhunter

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Is Fish and Game fit for purpose????
Mar 4th, 2020 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
hi outdoors people, the heading says it all, with all the changes going on the question has to be asked, the recent audits completed has highlighted that the new zealand council has the power to audit but not to act on the findings, so as it stands we have 12 regional feifdoms obstructing any coherant strategy going forward.
Some questions,
Do we need 12 councils??,
Could F&G have in house lawyers like forest and bird,
Does any body know what regional managers salary bands are??  and what performance expectations have to be met, for example I know one regional manager has not had performance analysis seen by a council in over 20 years, and when this was brought up 10 years ago, the council moved a 3 person committee to set a process up, it was then obfuscated by the senior councillors, not reported back on and covered up by staff who stated in later agendas it had been actioned.
so thoughts, a separate 6/7 person NZ council at large,?? 7 regional councils, ie Otago/ Southland, Canterbury, Nelson Malbrough, West coast, Wellington/taranaki. Hawkes bay/eastern, Waikato/Auckland/northland. any thoughts, there is a battle going on in wellington regarding these issues

IP Logged

Shankspony
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Re: Is Fish and Game fit for purpose????
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2020 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Jed, Maybe you should share your background and relationship with F&G so people know where you are coming from.

For my part I spent 9 years as a regional councillor. Having my regions interests at heart, I know I felt some major frustration at times with the interference from national office. And having our region dragged into national or other regional politics did nothing for our sport I feel.

I do feel, still, that the relationship between regions and national office is wrong and there should be more separation with national only responsible for mutually agreed inter region initiatives- research programs etc.

Either of two systems would work better I think- A reduction in regions with each region having more autonomy. Or a single unit for the whole country. There are some advantages in that too.
The half and half we have is a bit of a balls up I think.

IP Logged

jedhunter

Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2020 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
first, thanks for replys, heaps of pm's,
some stories, a fg regional manager being paid 130% of the total fishing licence sales in that region,
a fg boat  going up a lake, past boats on the lake and not checking licences, boat hadnt returned next morning, away deer stalking,???,
a fg council changing their nz councillor when he was not at the meeting, apparently he is supportive of nzceo,
all feedback welcome by pm if more comfortable

IP Logged

Shankspony
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #3 - Mar 14th, 2020 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Proof? or just stories?  A council is entitled to change its councillor, Im not sure he has to be there for the vote? And why wasn't he there?

Did the person on the boat have permission from their manager to use boat?

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #4 - Mar 14th, 2020 at 11:00pm
Print Post  
It is the CEO . Ask him why it has spent over 250k chasing 2 Councillors in seperate districts all for nothing.Very very expensive legal audits coming up zilch whereby a hidden agenda has been pursued without any commonsense.The guy is an absolute tosser. How many licences has been wasted on very expensive legal work when it was never justified at the outset.Him and Mr Lyons need a good flogging.

IP Logged

jedhunter

Reply #5 - Mar 15th, 2020 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
hi sako, or the the 140k spent by csi on lawyers who acted for the chairman, and sent correspondence to the council c/- the chairmans private address and headed it dear gary and jay, this was regarding a proposed audit 9 yrs ago, and has been at the background of these issues.
all parties have got things to work on but i note that a copy of  the comprehensive legal opinion by mai chen ended up ion my mail, it was used to tidy up  the conflicts of interest on the nz council then, but has obviously still festering, that legal opinion is well research in nz and overseas cases, it should of gone to all regions, it didnt and i feel that the nz council was wrong then, this sort of work is better being done nation wide
one hopes that david parkers essential fresh water regs will mean that f&G is not having to fight gerimandered regional councils so much , may be inhouse fg lawyers will be enough.

IP Logged

willy2

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #6 - Mar 21st, 2020 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2020. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards