Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Piropiro Flats (Read 2140 times)
BAILUP
Donor Member

FIND BAIL HOLD

Piropiro Flats
Jan 11th, 2020 at 10:37am

Hey guys hope everyone's had a good Xmas NY etc hate to start the new year on a downer but me and a mate have been hunting piropiro flats lately but we had a bit of a run in with a Mr M.... just wondering if anyone has had any run ins lately. We generally keep to ourselves up there have the odd yarn to other hunters at the camp, we dont go anywhere near his boundary or anything. We hunt the flats and get the odd over priced beer at the lodge then one day his son come walking in asking the staff if there's been any riff raff up here then beelines to us stating that we have been poaching etc. I've known his reputation for his stand over antics and shooting dogs he even stated how many dogs hes shot over the years even skiting about it and even J.... B..... trying to push his weight around trying to kick us out. I wouldn't be putting this up on here if we were guilty of anything like I said we hunt DOC land which we have permits for drink a few bevvies at the end of the hunt but we are definitely no riff raff I take my kids up with me and the last thing I want them to see is Dad barking back at them and it coming to blows you know. I'm not going there to start trouble but I definitely won't be backing down to them either, I've spoken about this to the Bennydale cop he couldn't shes too much light on the situation but hes sick of hearing his name. it's a shame it happens because it's not the first time† and I've heard similar story's 10ish years ago but we are not going to be bullied out of anywhere when we haven't done anything wrong, where as im sure alot of people have been scared off. Just putting it out there if anyone else has had similar run ins.
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2020 at 12:13pm by Maddoghunter »  

IP Logged

Maddoghunter
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Piropiro Flats
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2020 at 7:20pm

Is this guy the farmer on the bush edge?
I havenít been there since I was a kid.

Also, putting my moderator hat on, Iíd rather you didnít use peoples names please.

He sounds like a proper idiot.
Has he had bad experiences or problems with hunters poaching his land?
Is it just pig hunters with dogs or hunters in general?

IP Logged

BAILUP
Donor Member

FIND BAIL HOLD

Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 11:21am

Sorry about the names mate they have both been there for 30 odd years so everyone knows their names, I've heard he shoots dogs on the spot, stock proof or not I guess back in the days before tracking collars etc he would have had alot of hungry dogs on his property. Still no excuse to shoot innocent dogs. The other bloke has had stock shot by the road edge which is pretty sh*t taking someone's farmed stock. I've heard story's letting shots overhead of hunters by his boundary but that's through the grapevine you know. Theres a fe Kissw low lifes out there that ruin it for the rest of us but you cant go running around acting like you own the forest

IP Logged

Maddoghunter
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 12:28pm

Thereís a farmer up this way thatís well known for same thing.
Local joke is to make sure our dogs are wearing bullet proof vests if hunting the public area behind his farm.
Most of us just avoid the area. The guys a bit of a dickhead and thereís plenty of bush to hunt elsewhere, which is exactly what the guy wants 😡

Itís a while since Iíve been confronted by anyone but when I am I usually just go with the flow and tell them what they want to hear, then forget about them and carry on with my life.

Most common thing to happen around here is for dogs to chase pigs onto private property.
Happens to my mate quite a bit. He just goes to the people and introduces himself and apologizes. Most are pretty good about it. Heís now got quite a good reputation with landowners and they ring him when pigs are coming out.

Iíve edited your post to give you an idea of what acceptable re names.
I know putting the name up makes everything a lot clearer and easier to communicate, but as this is a public forum that anyone in the world can read we have to be careful and have rules.

IP Logged

BAILUP
Donor Member

FIND BAIL HOLD

Reply #4 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 11:48am

I understand the frustration that goes with having a farm next to public access bush I'm a dairy farmer myself and have had concerns with grazing paddocks near boundrys and we have lost a few stock around Xmas with back legs and back steaks cut out of beef stock but still doesn't give you authority to police the block when you dont have your facts right. We shouldn't have to avoid areas which we are entitled to hunt.

IP Logged

013fish

Reply #5 - Jan 15th, 2020 at 8:48pm

The joys of hunting up against private land, hence the reason thereís always animals in those areas

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #6 - Jan 25th, 2020 at 8:34am

Read Milton Kiri's new book. Has this issue down to a tee. LOL.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2020. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards