Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Your Holy Grail bit of gear (Read 965 times)
Hoonaway

Going off like an old
pork chop in the sun

Your Holy Grail bit of gear
Jan 8th, 2020 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Howzit. I'm curious as to what (if any) pieces of gear you've sought after but have been unable to find in NZ/ had a heap of difficulty finding/ can't get at a reasonable price. For example, it took me ages to find a decent sized stainless steel mug with a lid at a sensible price (to use as a mug/one person pot for overnighters).

If any clear themes emerge I might look into finding a manufacturer to source things from.

IP Logged

MassiveAttack
Forum Font

Setting trends in waterfowling
fashion since 2011

Re: Your Holy Grail bit of gear
Reply #1 - Feb 5th, 2020 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Mine would be decent camping hammocks and the associated accessories (underquilts etc).  Hennessy is sold here but it's very old tech at this stage.  I have imported dutch ware gear hammocks from the states.

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine.  Without my rifle I am useless, without me it is useless.

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Your Holy Grail bit of gear
Reply #2 - Feb 5th, 2020 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Bought a titanium mug, about 400ml and made up a beer can meths cooker that sat inside it. Worked like a charm, used bugger all meths and the whole kit and kaboodle weighed ounces - didn't know I was carrying it, but great for that quick cup of tea or coffee whilst out in the bush. No lid though.

That mug was a lovely dark green and one day I failed to see it - and motored on without it.

Bought another one exactly the same.

The other item is my single AA battery headlamp. Only bought it a few years ago and it's the first headlamp I ever owned - marvelous bit of kit. Again it weighs nothing and you forget it's in your pack - but you remember it's there when you need it.
Came from Hongkong - might have got the mug here ?

There's some really good stuff out there today - if you can afford it.

Another is a Panasonic 'smart' charger I got from the States for AA batteries - couldn't find the one I wanted here.
Made a hell of a difference to the 'runtimes' on my torches, my old charger was what they call a 'dumb' one - charged in pairs and quit charging when one cell was full, regardless of whether the other was or not.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2020. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards