Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic CHASING WHITETAILS A new book on Hunting Stewart Island (Read 7557 times)
jwingill
Donor Member

CHASING WHITETAILS A new book on Hunting Stewart Island
Jan 5th, 2020 at 5:05pm
Print Post  

CHASING WHITETAILS   -  The Magic of Hunting Stewart Island

Author JOHN DELURY

This book is the result of forty years of well in excess of one hundred trips visiting Stewart Island where I developed a passion for hunting whitetail deer.  The book documents some of those hunts as well as the history of some of the hunting blocks   There has been a lot of misinformation published over the years and I have endeavoured to set the record straight by including a section on the habits of the deer themselves at the end of most chapters. 

There is a chapter on our study into the movements of whitetails we captured and released at Mason Bay and other research done over the years. The book also details the history of Rakiura Hunter Camp Trust of which I have been chairman since it began building and maintaining huts for hunters on the Island.  Something unique in [/size[size=12]]New Zealand hunting.   

The book deals only with Stewart Island and has 256 pages with 158 colour pictures, a few b/w, maps and diagrams. The binding has been stitched. This book is not  available in bookshops.  Cost is $40.  All books will be bubble wrapped, cardboard protected and sealed in a NZ Post bag.   Postage costs:- New Zealand $6.00  Rural Delivery $9.90.  Email me for cost to post overseas    wtd243@gmail.com
Up to three books can be posted in the one bag if you want to share postage with a mate.
Payments can be made to J W DeLury    acc  11-7600-0128077-30  Enter your name and phone number as reference and email me your delivery address.  wtd243@gmail.com 

The books arrived from the printers on Christmas Eve.

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Re: CHASING WHITETAILS A new book on Hunting Stewart Island
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2020 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Nice one.  Smiley

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2020. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards