Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Great BP website (Read 462 times)
wanganuikid
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Great BP website
Jan 5th, 2020 at 10:18am
Print Post  
For those that are into anything related to British target/military shooting of the day this site is a must.
Under publishing there are downloadable journals that are extremely well written,  informative, and free!
"Managing the Enfield" is also a must for anyone shooting an original or reproduction .577 Enfield.
http://www.researchpress.co.uk/

IP Logged

Varmint
Forum Font

Re: Great BP website
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2020 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Thanks for posting the link. It looks like an excellent source of information.

I'm still looking for Pritchett bullets .550 to make pape cartridges my Parker Hale Enfield.

IP Logged

wanganuikid
Donor Member

Re: Great BP website
Reply #2 - Jan 5th, 2020 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Iíve owned and shot all the parker hales at some stage, including the Whitworth.
Never went down the Pritchett path, always used the Minie.
Once I came up with a formula that worked I guess I never saw the need to change, and I suppose itís still historically correct as thatís what the Americans used in the Enfieldís during the civil war.
One thing I can say for sure, fouling consistency is one of the most important things when shooting an Enfield.
Thatís probably another thing in the Minies  favour, nice deep grease grooves.

Looking at taking the two bander with me this coming roar, got some TOTW two part shotshell quick loaders which fit a .577 perfectly.

WK

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2020. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards