Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 4X4 Side Awnings (Read 9621 times)
Huntsouth
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

4X4 Side Awnings
Dec 4th, 2019 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Heaps of different brands out there - been using the Adventure Kings 2x3 for a few years, finally bent the 2 horizontal poles in a gust of wind - can't purchase replacement poles in NZ but can do in Aussie but won't supply to the NZ agent - weird?
Anyway been looking at ARB, Ironman, Dobinson etc all pretty much a copy of each other with either cast ali or plastic knuckes. Not sure you get what you pay for as been online and the horizontal poles bending appears the biggest issue if not careful with the wind conditions?
So what do others recommend?

IP Logged

scottrods
Forum Font

Aim small, Hit small

Re: 4X4 Side Awnings
Reply #1 - Dec 17th, 2019 at 11:48am
Print Post  
@STU71 uses Rhinorack one.

Kids who learn to Hunt and Fish,
Don't learn to Steal and Deal.

IP Logged

Huntsouth
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #2 - Apr 11th, 2020 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Forgot to reply earlier on the outcome. I ended up sourcing NZ made ali poles from Urlich Aluminum in Canterbury, same specs as my existing Adventure Kings ones but slightly heavier and much better quality. The leg extension plastic lock fittings on the original were a no go for size so drilled a couple of tidy holes and have a pin attachment that locks the poles in place once extended. Cost all up about $150.00.

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2020 at 8:44am
Print Post  
good to hear you got issue sorted.Urlich are a good firm to deal with.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2020. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards