Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Very Cool Product for Remington and Mossberg Owners (Read 520 times)
Kiwigunguy

Support Your Local Gun
Rights Organisation

Very Cool Product for Remington and Mossberg Owners
Nov 29th, 2019 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
I've come across an awesome product for the Remington 870 and clones, as well as Mossberg 500/590/Maverick 88. This is a must-have Christmas gift for any Remington or Mossberg owner. It's a pistol grip, although not like the pistol grips we're used to. Typically, shotgun pistol grips are vertical and direct all of the recoil forces into the shooter's palm and wrist. These are very unpleasant to use without a stock. The pistol grips I'm talking about are called Shockwave Technologies Raptor Grips, and they are a more horizontal "birdshead" style of grip, similar to a normal shotgun stock that has been cut down to just a pistol grip. The different grip angle allows the recoil forces to be directed up the arm and into the shoulder, rather than directly into the palm and wrist. This means that the shotgun can be aimed properly and the recoil is quite manageable. Not only is accuracy improved, but shooting becomes an enjoyable experience rather than a punishing one. Another cool feature is that these grips can be fitted to an 18" barrel shotgun without putting it below 30" overall, unlike the vertical pistol grips. On top of that, they just look awesome. Remington and Mossberg now sell 14" shotguns with these grips from the factory, and they are selling like hotcakes. I'll post the link below. Don't worry if they're sold out, as the seller can easily get more.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/hunting-shooting/firearm-parts/stocks-grips/lis...

"An experienced shooter of limited skill and dangerous enthusiasm." -Hitman: Blood Money newspaper

IP Logged

Varmint
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Very Cool Product for Remington and Mossberg Owners
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2019 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Other than robbing banks, what's the f**king point of shit like that?

Undecided

IP Logged

Bent Barrel

Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2019 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
^^What he said...what is the point?^^

IP Logged

noelfj
Forum Font

Reply #3 - Nov 30th, 2019 at 8:26am
Print Post  
I must admit it is a very cool gadget, a good balance of form and fit, probably nice to use.

But I do not believe acceptable at this time in the history of New Zealand, in fact, I think that they would be detrimental to the wellbeing of the predominant members of the hunting and shooting fraternity of this country and this Forum, except as a curio ?.

But if one lived in a state of civil war then I can see a use for them.

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #4 - Nov 30th, 2019 at 9:12am
Print Post  
Varmint wrote on Nov 29th, 2019 at 9:47pm:
Other than robbing banks, what's the f**king point of shit like that?

Undecided

Possibly shooting rabbits off a quad. It might make it a more intuitive shot, just like pointing you finger at something. Your brain does that very well. 

They will only be available for a short time though.  Grin

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

bowmad

Reply #5 - Nov 30th, 2019 at 9:51am
Print Post  
headcase wrote on Nov 30th, 2019 at 9:12am:
They will only be available for a short time though.

yep for sure Grin

IP Logged

Radar
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Armed Tramper 😈

Reply #6 - Nov 30th, 2019 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
I can see this taking off.......not!
Dude this about Hunting and Fishing not Home Defence or Combat Shotgunning.
Anyway I believe that Shotguns for the military are actually banned under the UN supposedly.

Fate whispers to the warrior
'you cannot withstand the storm',
And the warrior whispers back
' I am the storm'
Toys
Tikka the T3 Hunter 7mm08
Baikal .223 Spartan
Martin Falcon 65lb Compound bow

IP Logged

Varmint
Forum Font

Reply #7 - Nov 30th, 2019 at 11:30pm
Print Post  
Radar wrote on Nov 30th, 2019 at 6:02pm:
I can see this taking off.......not!
Dude this about Hunting and Fishing not Home Defence or Combat Shotgunning.
Anyway I believe that Shotguns for the military are actually banned under the UN supposedly.

Nope.

This is from a few years ago but they're still in service today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEwPfWT5zSk

And before those the Navy had Remington 870s for years.

IP Logged

noelfj
Forum Font

Reply #8 - Dec 1st, 2019 at 7:42am
Print Post  
My view on this product stems from my profession, one of the products I developed, no I did not invent it, only changed one thing. We had a GRP (fiberglass heat setting resin) to which I filled with chopped glass from a chopper gun and called it doughmix.
It would be placed in a heated mould, in a 1000 ton hydraulic press and cooked.
The finished product was extremely strong, somewhat flexible and durable, I spent some 10 years being involved with this process and of the manufacture of thousands of articles.
So I was a mould maker.
Thus the Cool qualities I see in the product have no bearing on the usefulness, legality, or any other quality, be it a gun, a seat, a car part or a crossbow.

IP Logged

Kiwigunguy

Support Your Local Gun
Rights Organisation

Reply #9 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
For those of you asking what the point of this is, that's easy. It's just for fun-for shits and giggles. You don't need any other reason. It's completely legal and a ton of fun, so why not? I hate to break it to you, but all firearms are "not acceptable" right now. Are you going to stop owning and using firearms altogether, or are you going to carry on as normal and enjoy shooting? I know which option I'm taking.

"An experienced shooter of limited skill and dangerous enthusiasm." -Hitman: Blood Money newspaper

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Reply #10 - Dec 3rd, 2019 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
tell you what fella...you put one on a shotgun and fire off a box of remington hypersonic loads...then get back to us about how good the ergonomics are feeling now......heck Ill be nice and say scrap the hypersonics...just standard box of falcon steel loads......... be sure to get back to us with results.
pighunters tried the pistol grip craze 20ish years or more ago....then went back to std stocks and short barrel to reduce overall length.

IP Logged

Kiwigunguy

Support Your Local Gun
Rights Organisation

Reply #11 - Dec 5th, 2019 at 7:08am
Print Post  
Micky Duck wrote on Dec 3rd, 2019 at 2:02pm:
tell you what fella...you put one on a shotgun and fire off a box of remington hypersonic loads...then get back to us about how good the ergonomics are feeling now......heck Ill be nice and say scrap the hypersonics...just standard box of falcon steel loads......... be sure to get back to us with results.
pighunters tried the pistol grip craze 20ish years or more ago....then went back to std stocks and short barrel to reduce overall length.

I've fired short barrels and pistol grips and while I agree that the vertical pistol grips are terrible, the ones I'm talking about here are different. To see what I mean, try firing a normal stocked shotgun with the stock away from your shoulder(either at eye level or from the hip/chest). While it is a handful to hang onto, the recoil isn't as painful as the shotgun is able to move around a lot more. That recoil energy gets turned into moving your arms rather than impacting straight into your shoulder. As long as you have a tight enough grip and aim properly, you should be able to hit just fine. I'm not saying it's as good as a short length-of-pull stock with a recoil pad, but it's pretty good.

IP Logged

bowmad

Reply #12 - Dec 5th, 2019 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Vertical grips are shit used them in the military. Also had a chance to shot a home made grip similar to the pictured ones, which was used in a bank robbery and it was quite nice by comparison.
So if you are in the bank business by all means try one before Nash spots them.  Grin Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards