Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic better day for sure (Read 541 times)
264Magic
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

better day for sure
Nov 24th, 2019 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
headed out Saturday morn and slowly made my way up to the top clearings late in eve and sat there till dark,,no prisoners seen but the clearings looked well cropped,,alan stayed down lower and photographed any animals that i walked past,,slept well n woke up one hr before light,,put the old boots on just as there was enough light to see my fingers n jumped up to the lookout,,pretty dark still but the binos dragged in enough light to tell me there was a deer down on the bottom clearing,,more searching revealed a hind n yearling across at a previously ranged 375 yrds,,back to the bottom hind and shes all alone,,more searching and there was more across,,one,two,three,four,five,fark there was sex there Shocked,,three hinds n yrlgs,,pretty dark still so it could of been stags for all i knew,,as i said in last post id only sighted the rifle roughly at 25yrds so the distance that i needed to be was 100 at most,,down thru the crap to get halfway up the other side and feel a previously non existent breeze pick up fair up my date,,lovely and of course the deer sign said vacant,oh well at least they are there
sighted the rifle at one hundred yrds and it was out 4 inches to the left but bang on for height,,went 16 cliks to right and 12 up

It is much better to Hit the Animal in the right place, with a Rifle you can shoot well, then to hit it poorly with a Large Calibre..John Nosler

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Re: better day for sure
Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2019 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
oh well...thatll learn ya to only roughly sight rifle in before going out......thats my trick not yours Grin Grin its not a game changer at bush hobbit range ,but the barrel stretching you normally do is a different matter.
at least you seeing animals,took Meg for a bush stalk today and didnt see a dicky bird....good walk all the same.

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Re: better day for sure
Reply #2 - Nov 25th, 2019 at 10:27am
Print Post  
Shakes head. Your old enough and good looking enough to do the half inch low at 50 meters thing. Bout.  Grin

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards