Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Travel Insurance when hunting overseas. (Read 1794 times)
Tom Thumb
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Travel Insurance when hunting overseas.
Nov 12th, 2019 at 11:52am
Print Post  
Greetings all,
I was wondering what Travel Insurance companies any of you use when hunting or other adventure style activities overseas particularly the USA ?
I'm heading to Alaska in the new year to start to learn how to Dog Mush (dog sled race) with the goal of competing in the Iditarod in three or four years time. Typical travel insurance I've looked at won't cover this and I've noticed on my search while reading policies, hunting isn't either so thus the link.
Anyone with any useful leads would be much appreciated.
Thanks, TT

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Re: Travel Insurance when hunting overseas.
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 8:55am
Print Post  
Its got a lot to with the countrys you are visiting.  If you go to the Southern cross website and tick the boxes for the countries you are in , then the individual special conditions will be listed.

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Tom Thumb
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2019 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Thanks Headcase, yep done and as I thought what I'm looking for is  excluded as well as hunting (Policy document Pg 35 Exclusion E29)
This is typical of normal Travel Insurance cover I have found and I have read a few policies to check.
Any one else with any suggestions (positive  Smiley) would be much appreciated.

IP Logged

Northern Trout
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #3 - Dec 7th, 2019 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
The "Educated Hunter" website has some info at the bottom of their homepage. The company that they use is Global Rescue.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2020. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards