Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Which tyre inflator / compressor? (Read 244 times)
el_trout_whisperer
Forum Senior

Embracing nature's beat
down with Spartan reserve

Which tyre inflator / compressor?
Nov 3rd, 2019 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Hey guys, I am a newbie to 4wd'ing, been looking at compressors and just wondering how decent I need to go? I heard some cheap ones require you to jack the tyre / break before pumping all four tyres / overheating etc.

SCA has these two I was considering... any advice on specs or recommended models would be greatly appreciated!! Tyres are all terrain, nothing monsterous.

https://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/p/sca-sca-hurricane-tyre-inflator---50lpm-12v/5...

https://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/p/sca-sca-monsoon-tyre-inflator---75lpm-12v/519...

IP Logged

pennyless

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Which tyre inflator / compressor?
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2019 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
I'm interested to , as my old one is running out of puff @ about 30psi.  Sad
I would note that the more volume the better , especially if running large tyres.

IP Logged

XRhunter
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Which tyre inflator / compressor?
Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2019 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
Depends how often you intend using it. Bigger will always be best. If its going to get a thrashing, start perusing the 4wd forums.  They will have yards of threads on the more industrial ones, and which work and last best.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards