Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Dave Wilson (Read 1450 times)
Max
Donor Member

Dave Wilson
Oct 26th, 2019 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
Not happy about the number of threads I have initiated of late under this topic ...  Cry

Those who spent time in the Kaimanawas in the later 1970's to late '80's, and the wider Tongariro District will remember Dave Wilson, who was the Environmental Ranger for the Tongariro District NZFS until around 1980, and after that the boss of the Kaimanawa Forest Park for the NZFS, and subsequently DoC. Around 1988 he headed to Te Anau and ran the cutter in Fiordland, if I recall correctly.

One of the good buggers who ran a tight ship and an early proponent of contorta control work in the Kaimanawas, and the Army land.

Passed away in the Nelson area early October.

RIP.

IP Logged

Huntsouth
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Dave Wilson
Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2019 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Yes, Dave a great guy i got to know in the Turangi office from the mid 80's. RIP.

IP Logged

Backcountry Bob
Donor Member

Reply #2 - Oct 29th, 2019 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Worked for Dave in the Kaimanawas. One of the best bosses I ever had. He would never ask you to do something he wouldn't do himself. A very hard worker.

IP Logged

Jimjam

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #3 - Nov 11th, 2019 at 11:57am
Print Post  
Yeah he was one of life's real good buggers Dave, used to see a lot of him back in Forest Service days.
R.I.P mate.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards