Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic ZombieMax (Read 649 times)
Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

ZombieMax
Oct 20th, 2019 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Grin Grin bought a 500pack of these in 50 grn for the .223  so far have been very impressed with results,both for accuracy and terminal preformance.
recently got given a part box of the 50grn vmax so loaded some up eggzachary the same...same case,primer and weight of powder.
terminally they are the same...5 shots last night for 4 splattered bunnies...far too graphic to post photos but if I said half growns lost about 30-40% weight wise it would be close....no worries about anything crawling away wounded thats for sure.

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Re: ZombieMax
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2019 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Good job. No bullet it too big for a bunny.

We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.
IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Reply #2 - Oct 20th, 2019 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
hmmmm just put together some 125grn tnt speers in the .308 for wallabies,still have to try them out......might take that and see if any bunnies around tonight....no such thing as overkill right??? Grin Grin

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #3 - Oct 20th, 2019 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
nup, have used my .270 to headshoot rabbits.  Roll Eyes

We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.
IP Logged

XRhunter
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2019 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
used the 22 250 on bunnies way back. Sometimes you would swear you missed it completely as there was no bunny there under the manuka bush..........till you saw the kidney swinging at the end of a bit of sinew Shocked

IP Logged

yogi
Donor Member

Patience, persistence
and perseverance

Reply #5 - Nov 18th, 2019 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
I have used them for quite a while now out of the 22-250 on the wallabies with really excellent results. They knock them down very well especially compared to some of the hard factory projectiles used from my 223.
Have shot pigs with them but dont think they would go to well on a large deer or pig as they area varmint projectile.

Just got to keep on chipping away!

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Reply #6 - Nov 18th, 2019 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
yogi...on ANZAC day a 140lb boar stepped out below me when I had just filled mag with zmax loads...poked one in his kidney area.......a minute later he copped another from similar angle in same place and a 123grn hornady sst from bro in laws 7.62x39mm through ham into boiler room....it was still on its feet but very sick when I got to it.....the 50grn pills hadnt got far in.......now the 50grn ttsx pills will penertrate well and truely well enough.

oh and after a couple of rounds and some very messy bunnies...Ive decided the 125grn tnt speer loads in .308 are fine n dandy for rabbits. Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

padox
Donor Member

Reply #7 - Nov 18th, 2019 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
Mate uses them in his 22 250 and have watched him shot fallow reds and pigs with it deadly accurate and a good splat

IP Logged

Radar
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Armed Tramper 😈

Reply #8 - yesterday at 7:08am
Print Post  
Its all about placement IMHO.
There was a time where people shot deer with .22. It meant you got real close and put the round behind the ear.
Im using .223 on Sika and Fallow head, neck and body shots as they present. No issues but make sure in close and accurate.

Fate whispers to the warrior
'you cannot withstand the storm',
And the warrior whispers back
' I am the storm'
Toys
Tikka the T3 Hunter 7mm08
Baikal .223 Spartan
Martin Falcon 65lb Compound bow

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards