Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Whakatane BOP (Read 672 times)
Shayne
Donor Member

Whakatane BOP
Sep 23rd, 2019 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Evening Gents and Ladies,
Iíve helped out quite a bit on this forum in the hunting and fresh water fishing Dept. I fish the lakes around here religiously, and make a venture to the salt once or twice a year, I do bloody well in the lakes but out of whakatane it seems I have all the gear and no idea. I run a lowrance sounder with a KW transducer and can see my sinkers and baits but the only thing missing is the fish. Talking to and seeing people at the ramp some slayed it with limit bags and some got enough for a feed. Iím just in it for a feed.
Has anyone got a few ideas on the areas Iíve been visiting and how to look for the fish in that area. Im targeting snapper, gurnard and terakihi, most I speak to suggest the farms but Iím into more solitude not boats right next to me. I have a minn Kota to hold me in the spots, and over the weekend all i got was a baby shark and an undersized rat Kingi. Please feel free to drop me some tips, Iím sick of taking pics of the sunrise haha.

IP Logged

jakkos
Forum Senior

There is one stop after
the trigger is pulled

Re: Whakatane BOP
Reply #1 - Sep 24th, 2019 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
be prepared to try anything. a few years ago i had a useless days trolling out wide, Had 1 Skippy in the boat and it was getting a bit late in the afternoon. I stopped at the Raurimu rocks in an effort to Get at least one eater to take home. Using the Skippy for bait i landed a five pound snapper, two of about eight pounds and one over twenty five pounds. Which has remained my best to date. I fished in water less than 10m deep. But there was a drop off to nearly 20 meters. "Fish your feet first". Wink

be good...And careful

IP Logged

Shayne
Donor Member

Re: Whakatane BOP
Reply #2 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 9:37am
Print Post  
Thanks for the tips Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2020. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards