Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Allan Hamilton (Hammy) (Read 1470 times)
smokin salmon
Forum Senior

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Allan Hamilton (Hammy)
Sep 18th, 2019 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Thought Id let those of us that fish the Rakaia for Salmon that Allan passed away last Thursday. Most people that fished the Rakaia below the bridge in previous years would have met or seen Allan parked up in his Nissan Patrol on the riverbed at Griggs rd or near the river mouth. A big man who in earlier years kept quietly to himself but in later years was happy to chat about the fishing or have an opinion on the Salmon run.
I still remember the first time I met Allan.Id boated down the river with a mate. Being new to jetboating I accidentally boated through the pool he was fishing.We then pulled in down below him and walked up to see how he was getting on. Now he was a big man and I can remember him saying "you ever boat through a hole Im fishing again boy , Ill put a rock through the side of your boat". That was the start of our friendship.
Tight lines Hammy. The rivers always blue up there.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards