Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Osprey = Awesome Service. F&H=Not so. (Read 1385 times)
uk_exile
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Osprey = Awesome Service. F&H=Not so.
Sep 9th, 2019 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Smiley
Osprey's 'All Mighty Guarantee' says 'Osprey will repair for any reason, free of charge, any damage or defect in our product - whether it was purchased in 1974 or yesterday. If we are unable to repair your pack to our standards, we will happily replace it."
On Friday I experienced that they mean it as they gave me a new pack to replace my 8-10yr Talon daypack!!!!
It had had some stitching come apart that'd allowed the chest strap to fall off on one side. Not really a failure, more a worn out as it was very very well used (and abused) having done many adventure races, a GODZone adventure race, many many rogaines, day treks etc. Lot so of rubbing and scuffs, even a couple tears that they'd previously repaired for free. I took it into Bivouac Christchurch and had no receipts or proof of purchase. They called a few days later to say "Sorry, we won't repair it so we'll give you a new replacement"
So massive thumbs up to Osprey and Bivouac. Very loyal customer gained.

Sad
In contrast I then go next door to F&H to buy fishing license because right next door and they've got a promotion of free $50 Gerber knife with adult and family full season license. I ask for full season adult local area license. Salesman happily enters my details, takes payment, hands over a receipt and rules booklet then turns away. So I say:
Have you run out of knives?
No but you don't get one.
Why not? I just purchased an adult full season pass.
It wasn't full season, it was local.
It is adult and full season as your promotion words say (me pointing to the promotion picture and words on their counter)
That's not what it means.
(me still pointing to their picture) This says adult and family full season (then with me pointing to the Fish & Game fishing license fee table on their counter) and this shows there's four types of full season license with different prices.
Angry face, turns away, opens a drawer with hundreds of knives, takes one, turns back, puts it on counter then walks away.
So I win, F&H fishing loose. I know probably I shouldn't have got one as the intent of the promotion words probably was they were for all area $133 and family $173 licenses only and I paid $106 for local but would they have treated senior the same ($113) and not given them the knife.

IP Logged

TJ
Online Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

EBRG forever- Cher, cher
Bro

Re: Osprey = Awesome Service. F&H=Not so.
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Well bloody done. I have also been done by the same firm but I will get my monies worth

IP Logged

ReelLuckyBouy

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Just read their ad and it doesn't say anything about local, so good on you for sticking to your "guns" . I'd rather shop next door at Bivouac too. I avoid HnF, then relent go in and then wonder why the F#c% I'm there.

IP Logged

bufferzone
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #3 - Sep 16th, 2019 at 8:24am
Print Post  
H and f suck,  Bivouac your awesome!

IP Logged

Mtn Breeze
Forum Senior

At least it's not raining
!!!

Reply #4 - Sep 16th, 2019 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Yip ... had multiple good experiences with Bivouac.
One was when I ordered an Arc'teryx jacket online. E-mail back saying they didn't have it in stock but would send me the more expensive, (top of that range of jackets), jacket at no extra cost.

Top notch.

Matt

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards