Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Alternatives to Trade Me for Firearms Purchases and Sales (Read 404 times)
Kiwigunguy
Just Joined

Support Your Local Gun
Rights Organisation

Alternatives to Trade Me for Firearms Purchases and Sales
Aug 24th, 2019 at 5:34am
Print Post  
Trade Me has become quite an unfriendly place for buying and selling firearms, especially in recent months. While we are making efforts to rectify that, it's not clear whether those efforts will get anywhere. Therefore, it is important that we have some alternative options as well. That will allow us to hedge our bets, so to speak. Here are a few good options I've found:

GunStuff.co.nz has been around for several years and allows the sales of pretty much all types of firearms, parts, and accessories. Up until recently, it was also a good place to shop for standard capacity magazines for your rifles. It's still a good place to look for pistols, collectable firearms, holsters, and so on.

GunBrokerNZ.co.nz just started up a few weeks ago but shows promise. The number of listings on the site has been increasing rapidly so it's definitely one to watch.

AllGoods.co.nz is a site that I just found recently. It is intended to be a true competitor to Trade Me so it has a wide variety of items for sale. While it isn't intended solely for selling firearms, it does allow firearm sales and there are no restrictions on the types of firearms that can be listed there. You may have to sift through a few listings for replica firearms, but otherwise it's quite good. They make it much easier to contact the seller privately as well. Just a quick note; if you find yourself stuck looking at just used or just new items, there is a button in the lower right-hand corner to switch between new and used items.

I hope this is a useful reference, and perhaps you hadn't previously heard of one or more of these sites. Happy shopping!

"An experienced shooter of limited skill and dangerous enthusiasm." -Hitman: Blood Money newspaper

IP Logged

bufferzone
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Alternatives to Trade Me for Firearms Purchases and Sales
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 8:19am
Print Post  
wot about facebook, i never see firearms on there, is it legal?

IP Logged

Kiwigunguy
Just Joined

Support Your Local Gun
Rights Organisation

Reply #2 - Aug 25th, 2019 at 2:09am
Print Post  
bufferzone wrote on Aug 24th, 2019 at 8:19am:
wot about facebook, i never see firearms on there, is it legal?

Facebook is hard-core anti-gun, so they don't allow firearm sales. That said, there's nothing stopping you from using Facebook to contact someone privately and buy a firearm from them.

"An experienced shooter of limited skill and dangerous enthusiasm." -Hitman: Blood Money newspaper

IP Logged

Joe_90

Planning to live forever.
So far, so good.

Reply #3 - Aug 25th, 2019 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Kiwigunguy wrote on Aug 25th, 2019 at 2:09am:
Facebook is hard-core anti-gun, so they don't allow firearm sales. That said, there's nothing stopping you from using Facebook to contact someone privately and buy a firearm from them.

Yup, you can't sell anything firearm related on FB. Even slug gun pallets will get taken down ASAP along with a grumpy email.

In saying that I did sell a Toz 22 earlier this year. The listing was "Piece of Russian Pipe" ways and means around the filters they use to pick up gun related words.

Without good mates the "great outdoors" is simply the "big outside"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards