Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Review - Sig Sauer Kilo 1800 BDX rangefinder (Read 178 times)
Aaron B
Forum Senior

Review - Sig Sauer Kilo 1800 BDX rangefinder
Aug 23rd, 2019 at 6:22am
Print Post  
I went out on a limb and bought one of these to replace the Bushnell ARC1400 I managed to leave at a camp site.

These can be bought one Ebay for much less than retail so I was a little skeptical. I paid $260 US. I googled to see if they're any issue with counterfeits but no trace of it.

First impression is that it's pretty awesome. I tested it out the other day on a hunt and could get about 1350m using it handheld off trees or rocks in bright daylight conditions. It's small and compact and works like any other rangefinder. I believe the warrantee is lifetime and it's made by company with a long reputation that isn't likely to fold anytime soon.

You can download a free app and connect to it via Bluetooth and upload ballistic profiles to the device. It will then will give you your angle corrected drop reading (in Mil or MOA) on the HUD along with the distance. You can store a number of different ballistic profiles. You enter muzzle velocity, zero range, bc bullet diameter all the usual stuff. One thing I noticed is that you have to use the app to switch between profiles so you got to make sure you do that before leaving your phone behind anywhere.

It also works in either MIL or MOA for everything you need.

Some premium features and a budget price, and the ranging capability is more or less as claimed.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards