Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Bring A Cat Semi Automatics Back to Trade Me (Read 1184 times)
Varmint
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Bring A Cat Semi Automatics Back to Trade Me
Reply #15 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
I still sell guns on Trademe occasionally.

Simply because I want more than three people to see them for sale.

IP Logged

GDMP
Forum Senior

Reply #16 - Aug 25th, 2019 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
There is nothing wrong with the idea.....they are still legal if .22 or shotgun so no reason for them not to be listed on TM.Maybe the best is just to give it some time and hopefully they will come to their senses after a bit.

IP Logged

Kiwigunguy
Just Joined

Support Your Local Gun
Rights Organisation

Reply #17 - Aug 26th, 2019 at 5:01am
Print Post  
Carlsen Highway wrote on Aug 24th, 2019 at 3:39pm:
Kiwigunguy wrote on Aug 24th, 2019 at 3:24am:
FUSION wrote on Aug 22nd, 2019 at 7:28am:
Kiwigunguy wrote on Aug 22nd, 2019 at 1:10am:
FUSION wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 7:15am:
Seven have signed so far, I am not going to be the eighth  Grin

Sorry, eighth is taken. If you're quick you might just get two hundred and ninety-eighth...

wow is that all.

I'd just like to point out the irony that you spent way more time trashing my idea than it would have taken to sign the petition and go on with your day. I heard a saying once about how people who aren't willing to take action like to attack and bring down those who do, and now I get the meaning of that saying.

That's not irony, he doesn't support what you are doing. It takes effort for people to explain that you're doing the wrong thing and you should pay attention.

What have you got against Trademe anyway? They stopped the listing semi-auto's when it became illegal. They don't know the difference between a rimfire and a centrefire semi auto and don't have the time to go through all the auctions to make sure someone is not selling something illegal, and can't risk the liability if someone does get away with it and it makes the news. What's unreasonable about that?

I can tell you for a fact that they do have people going through all the listings constantly, and they have been doing so for many years now. They have staff specifically handling that task. It is also highly unlikely they could be held liable for any item that was illegally sold on their site.

What I have against Trade Me is that there is no good reason for them to continue prohibiting the sale of legal semi auto 22 rifles and shotguns, and that by doing so they have significantly curtailed the market for used firearms in New Zealand. If they are going to allow the sale of firearms on their site, they should at least do so in a fair and impartial way.

"An experienced shooter of limited skill and dangerous enthusiasm." -Hitman: Blood Money newspaper

IP Logged

kenvegas75
Just Joined

Reply #18 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Kiwigunguy wrote on Aug 26th, 2019 at 5:01am:
Carlsen Highway wrote on Aug 24th, 2019 at 3:39pm:
Kiwigunguy wrote on Aug 24th, 2019 at 3:24am:
FUSION wrote on Aug 22nd, 2019 at 7:28am:
Kiwigunguy wrote on Aug 22nd, 2019 at 1:10am:
FUSION wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 7:15am:
Seven have signed so far, I am not going to be the eighth  Grin

Sorry, eighth is taken. If you're quick you might just get two hundred and ninety-eighth...

wow is that all.

I'd just like to point out the irony that you spent way more time trashing my idea than it would have taken to sign the petition and go on with your day. I heard a saying once about how people who aren't willing to take action like to attack and bring down those who do, and now I get the meaning of that saying.

That's not irony, he doesn't support what you are doing. It takes effort for people to explain that you're doing the wrong thing and you should pay attention.

What have you got against Trademe anyway? They stopped the listing semi-auto's when it became illegal. They don't know the difference between a rimfire and a centrefire semi auto and don't have the time to go through all the auctions to make sure someone is not selling something illegal, and can't risk the liability if someone does get away with it and it makes the news. What's unreasonable about that?

I can tell you for a fact that they do have people going through all the listings constantly, and they have been doing so for many years now. They have staff specifically handling that task. It is also highly unlikely they could be held liable for any item that was illegally sold on their site.

What I have against Trade Me is that there is no good reason for them to continue prohibiting the sale of legal semi auto 22 rifles and shotguns, and that by doing so they have significantly curtailed the market for used firearms in New Zealand. If they are going to allow the sale of firearms on their site, they should at least do so in a fair and impartial way.

The fact is Trade Me is wrong in law. The NZ government knew what they intended and it wasn't to ban 5 shot semi-auto shotguns or 10 shot and less semi-auto 22's.  Trade Me annoyimngly seems to think it knows better than the NZ Goverment.  Frustrating, but they do not appear to be swayed by facts.  They simply want to to look good in the public eye wher truth is often a rare commodity.

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #19 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
you can still sell them here.  Smiley

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards