Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic getting started with a pack (Read 2941 times)
tararuahunta
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

getting started with a pack
Aug 12th, 2019 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Hey i am a pig hunta living in the kapiti i currently hunt every weekend with good sucsess wiith my mates and their dogs but i will be movng... i am looking into getting my own team of dogs cose i dont know anyone with dog  where i am moving i will be leaning towards holders cose i aint aloud guns so i was wondering how do i start out? buy a finder holder and a young pup to run it with it? if so what sorta pup would be a good breed to be a finda holder im picking half bully quater ghound quater heading or something across those lines? any tips in starting out would be gr8 too thanks team

IP Logged

Maddoghunter
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: getting started with a pack
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 8:33am
Print Post  
Something like that breeding would be fine.
If you want it to be a finder, when you go to look at the pups go for the most adventurous bold and confident pup, not the one that wants to follow the others around, and stay away from anything timid.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards