Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic With great Sadness (Read 2022 times)
ICEMAN
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

With great Sadness
Jul 21st, 2019 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
After being the best and safest trailerboat I have ever had the pleasure to constantly fish out of, my son has decided to upgrade to an even  bigger model to accomodate our ever increasing family.
If your looking for amazing economy, fuel consumption is averaging  0.9 to 1 litre of fuel per nautical mile cruising at around 25-28 knots  in a safe, great riding and stable sea boat then  take a look at the trademe listing Listing #: 2239844739 ,
Finance can be arranged to anyone interested.

IP Logged

ICEMAN
Forum Font

Re: With great Sadness
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2019 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Update.

The first guy to look at Attitude bought it, he is now the proud owner of one of the best trailer boats i have ever fished in, she was ideal for the West coast slop and has reliabilty and econmy most would cry for.

BUT...   I am really looking forward to fishing in Mikes new purpose built fishing machine once the fitout is completed.

Osprey boats went above and beyond to  build  this boat to Mikes fairly stringent requests, I admit the internal setup is the best I have seen and has the combined knowledge of many years hands on fishing and boating experience built in.
The Evinrude was so impressive that he has gone with them again, I admit, big boats cruising at such high speeds using less fuel and better on the environment than any other outboard on the market is a no brainer.

IP Logged

Shankspony
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2019 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Wow!

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2019 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
ah well you will be back into the snaps in no time.

IP Logged

meathunter72
Donor Member

Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2019 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
More than just snaps in that Beast! Cool Cool
You could target Broadbill well offshore in that.

Keep the wind in your face and your freezer full.

IP Logged

Rugerman
Donor Member

Bow Wow

Reply #5 - Oct 22nd, 2019 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
wow and double wow Smiley
What a machine, very nice

IP Logged

ICEMAN
Forum Font

Reply #6 - Oct 24th, 2019 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Anyone contemplating a new build seriously look at Osprey, they are a proven hull working in some of NZs roughest waters.

Osprey really work with the customer to build the boats to suit their needs with good advise based on many years experience with No compromise on strength and safety as they are all built to Survey, they have the best reserve bouyancy of any other that i know.

I found owners  who are working them hard always upgraded with the same Hulls, so  you know they must be extremely happy with them. We did a lot of research on most known boat brands, we talked to dozens of Osprey owners and businesses that rely on them, Not many brands can get zero negatives, but these guys did.

Not a lot you can change on the hull etc, but some things can make a great boat an awesome boat.

Getting as much weight low down in the boat as possible was one.
  By lowering the focsle floor we gained better leg room so when sitting on your bunk its like sitting on a chair, rather than knees up around ya tits.

Lowering the wheelhouse floor a 100mm and reducing the height of the wheel house by the same we moved the weight lower down and also reduced the super structure height, improving this boats fantastic stability even more.

The layout of the cabin allows for 2mt long sleeping quarters.
We have 4 seats in the cabin which can be closed up and a large deck area approx 3 meters long. The 2 separate under floor storage and fish holds  are huge and a huge fuel tank that also keeps the weight below the water line.

Many of the mass produced  brands just wouldn't allow such modifications.

There a few other  great modifications, but will hopefully show these in some photos when the fit outs finished.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards