Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Rabbits and rocks (Read 3218 times)
Kickstart
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

Gas leak solved, yeah...NAAAA
NAAA run!!

Re: Rabbits and rocks
Reply #15 - Jul 29th, 2019 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
I was under the belief that hares and rabbits were completely unrelated species, in that it would have just as much chance jumping species to bovine or hominid as it would to lepus?

Ackley wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 11:39pm:
Headcase I had not realised that it could jump species but that would explain why the few hares we had around here have just vanished

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Re: Rabbits and rocks
Reply #16 - Jul 29th, 2019 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Kickstart wrote on Jul 29th, 2019 at 5:25pm:
I was under the belief that hares and rabbits were completely unrelated species, in that it would have just as much chance jumping species to bovine or hominid as it would to lepus?

Ackley wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 11:39pm:
Headcase I had not realised that it could jump species but that would explain why the few hares we had around here have just vanished

Well whether or not, it appears it has done in Europe. maybe because hare and rabbits spent a lot of time together, feeding in the same spots.. exchanging body fluids for the same patch of chewed off grass..

Its a virus and quite a few virus can infect different species.. eg rabies, ebola or swine flu. If a dog bites you in Thailand go to the hospital, and dont handle monkeys or let them sit on your head even when someone offers you one..  Grin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-species_transmission

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards