Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic tahr hunting intel (Read 935 times)
sly260
Just Joined

It must have winded me
or something

tahr hunting intel
Jul 8th, 2019 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
So, we are a bunch of good bastards - i reckon. We need a tahr spot for early next year (say march or april) This will be our third mission for tahr but we are getting abit older and our group is made up of all abilities and experience. We are looking for a fligh-in spot that has the best altitude to best be amongst the tahr. Last two trips we went to huts but this time figure we need to get more 'amongst it' and are happy to use tents. We'd love a spot that has a good rock biv perhaps, or abit of natural shelter to get a fly up for beers and rainy times. Any ideas or spots i can research?, the first two trips were west coast, but we'll head either way. We'd rather chopper than drive up a river bed due to experience really. Any ideas would be much apprieciated - i'm keen to do the research, would just love a couple spots to begin my search for 'the epic' spot for our next adventure.
Thanks very much.

IP Logged

possum_shooter
Forum Senior

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: tahr hunting intel
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
I would suggest doing your research first then asking about areas, not the other way around.  You may get a few more replies that way.  Plenty of info about Tahr posted on here in the last few months

IP Logged

264Magic
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: tahr hunting intel
Reply #2 - Jul 12th, 2019 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
go a bit later,,ive found them fairly high at that time,,they will join the girls around may on

It is much better to Hit the Animal in the right place, with a Rifle you can shoot well, then to hit it poorly with a Large Calibre..John Nosler

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards