Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Objecting to Gun Confiscation Part 2 (Read 4930 times)
Kiwigunguy

Support Your Local Gun
Rights Organisation

Objecting to Gun Confiscation Part 2
Jul 6th, 2019 at 6:37am
Print Post  
My current goal is to do everything legally possible to hamper the gun "buy-back" scheme.
I have already posted a full list of emails for "buy-back" event venues so that people can urge them to cancel the event bookings(see "Objecting to Gun Confiscation"). So far I've been quite happy with the response I've gotten. Now it is time for the next step. The police have stated that they intend to get firearms dealers to take part in the scheme as well. Here we have an advantage because we already know all the dealers they will be contacting, so we don't have to wait for the police to announce which ones. Firearms dealers will also be much more likely to listen to us as we are their frequent customers. They need our business, so they should be receptive.

All you need to do is write a letter explaining why you don't want firearms dealers taking part in this scheme, copy and paste all the email addresses below into the Bcc field, and hit send. If we can get most or all firearms dealers to turn down the police's offer, we will at least cost the police a whole lot of extra time, hassle, and expense. The police don't seem to be getting the point that this scheme is a waste of time, so let's all pitch in and waste as much of their time as possible. We could potentially set this scheme back by months.

As before, there is no private information here. All contact details were obtained from public web pages.

Here is the list. It covers almost every retail firearms dealer in the country.

office@huntfishkaitaia.co.nz; riders.sports@vodafone.co.nz; kerikeri@huntfish.co.nz; whangareistore@mccoyandthomas.co.nz; whangarei@huntfish.co.nz; mikenola@xtra.co.nz; dargavillesports@gmail.com; warkworth@huntfish.co.nz; rebeccagraham82@gmail.com; willsfishingandfirearms@gmail.com; westgate@huntfish.co.nz; medals@milimem.com; damien@guncity.co.nz; info@seriousshooters.co.nz; tradeinmilitary@yahoo.co.nz; dan@reloaders.co.nz; botany@huntfish.co.nz; rustydogoutdoors@xtra.co.nz; pukekohe@huntfish.co.nz; huntfishthames@gmail.com; wbats@clear.net.nz; waikato@huntfish.co.nz; chris.sloper@guncity.co.nz; ben@guncity.co.nz; admin@fishcity.co.nz; matamatasportsworld@xtra.co.nz; shooterreadynz@hotmail.com; cambridge@sportsworld.co.nz; vernwilson@xtra.co.nz; teawamutu@hamillsnz.co.nz; dev_attri82@yahoo.com; taupo@huntfish.co.nz; tgahuntfish@xtra.co.nz; ben@broncos.co.nz; sales@broncos.co.nz; glenn@broncos.co.nz; tyler@broncos.co.nz; tauranga@hamillsnz.co.nz; tepuke@sportsworld.co.nz; whakatane@huntfish.co.nz; rotoruahuntingandfishing@xtra.co.nz; rotorua@hamillsnz.co.nz; don@gunsupplies.co.nz; sherryll@gunsupplies.co.nz; dave@gunsupplies.co.nz; outdoorsmanhqnz@gmail.com; info@hrcltd.co.nz; info@huntfishgis.co.nz; gisborne@stirlingsports.co.nz; taranaki@huntfish.co.nz; magnumsportsstratford@hotmail.com; ken@seriouslyoutdoors.co.nz; rfsraetihi@paradise.net.nz; taihapesports@xtra.co.nz; shop@wilsonshunting.co.nz; wanganuihuntingandfishing@xtra.co.nz; dannevirke@huntfish.co.nz; davessportsnoutdoors@xtra.co.nz; turnerssports@xtra.co.nz; manawatu@huntfish.co.nz; info@silverfinsports.nz; skinit@xtra.co.nz; sportslevin@xtra.co.nz; esthway@xtra.co.nz; wooly@paradise.net.nz; info@craftys.co.nz; sales@riverstoranges.co.nz; fishshootchb@gmail.com; sports.world@xtra.co.nz; otaki@huntfish.co.nz; finsngame@gmail.com; info@kingandhenry.co.nz; wairarapa@huntfish.co.nz; mail@outdoorsupplies.co.nz; bruck@colonialtrading.co.nz; wayne@magnumimports.co.nz; hvhf@clear.net.nz; dan@guncity.co.nz; james.simpson@guncity.com; richmond@huntfish.co.nz; sales@kellycountry.co.nz; nelson@huntfish.co.nz; picton.sports@xtra.co.nz; marlborough@huntfish.co.nz; reefsports.w.c@xtra.co.nz; greymouth@sportsworld.co.nz; fishingandfirearms@outlook.com; hokicycle.sport@gmail.com; ashlea@wildoutdoorsman.co.nz; kaikoura@huntfish.co.nz; northcanterbury@hamillsnz.co.nz; northcanterbury@huntfish.co.nz; info@guncity.co.nz; sales@shooterssupplies.co.nz; jeremy.stuart@guncity.co.nz; ballingers@xtra.co.nz; hfashburton@xtra.co.nz; dave@temukafishing.co.nz; sales@davosfishing.co.nz; timaru@huntfish.co.nz; whybuynew@paradise.net.nz; info@southernwild.nz; sales@southernwild.nz; outdoorworldstaffqtn@hjsmith.co.nz; larry@centralotagohuntingandfishing.co.nz; northotago@huntfish.co.nz; info@oamarusports.co.nz; co.sportsdepot@xtra.co.nz; webinfo@westshell.co.nz; gareth@guncity.co.nz; office@dunedinhuntfish.co.nz; fiordlandfrontier@xtra.co.nz; shootersworld@xtra.co.nz; invercargill@huntfish.co.nz; enquire.thepawnshop@outlook.co.nz; greg@customguns.co.nz; outdoorworldstaff@hjsmith.co.nz
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2019 at 4:33am by Kiwigunguy »  

"An experienced shooter of limited skill and dangerous enthusiasm." -Hitman: Blood Money newspaper

IP Logged

Rumpy
Donor Member

Wishing I was out in the
hills.

Re: Objecting to Gun Confiscation Part 2
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Ever thought that the gun shops realise that once everyone gets paid out for their guns they will probably look at buying something else that's legal to own.  Getting people in the doors for handover gives them an opportunity to sell more guns and make more money. I can't see why they wouldn't support this, unless a store boycott was seriously taken up by enough people.
Disclaimer... I don't agree with legal, honest firearms owners being labelled as or made into criminals when we have done nothing wrong. I also don't have any firearms that are required to be handed in.

.270 WIN   AWESOME SINCE 1925       "REMEMBER THE 6 P's" POOR PREPARATION PROVIDES PISS POOR PERFORMANCE

IP Logged

Radar
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Armed Tramper 😈

Reply #2 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 8:01am
Print Post  
I know two gun shops that won’t be involved because of the risk, both good guys with big volumes of customers.

Fate whispers to the warrior
'you cannot withstand the storm',
And the warrior whispers back
' I am the storm'
Toys
Tikka the T3 Hunter 7mm08
Baikal .223 Spartan
Martin Falcon 65lb Compound bow

IP Logged

Digit
Forum Font

Reply #3 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 8:27am
Print Post  
Our store won’t be participating in the confiscation sceme.

Industry Antagonist
IP Logged

Kiwigunguy

Support Your Local Gun
Rights Organisation

Reply #4 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 3:20am
Print Post  
Radar wrote on Jul 7th, 2019 at 8:01am:
I know two gun shops that won’t be involved because of the risk, both good guys with big volumes of customers.

That's good news. Now let's turn that 2 into 119.

"An experienced shooter of limited skill and dangerous enthusiasm." -Hitman: Blood Money newspaper

IP Logged

Kiwigunguy

Support Your Local Gun
Rights Organisation

Reply #5 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 3:21am
Print Post  
Digit wrote on Jul 7th, 2019 at 8:27am:
Our store won’t be participating in the confiscation sceme.

Awesome. That's 3 down, 116 to go.

IP Logged

Maddoghunter
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #6 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Those arse licks at h and f will do anything for a sale 🤮

I’m sure it wouldn't take much for the other stores to not partake though. They’d have to up their insurance and have 24/7 security for a start.

But, if h and f are willing to pay a fee to govt for the privilege, then maybe we all take our guns there, bankrupt them, then buy the replacements from the little guy!

IP Logged

Radar
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Armed Tramper 😈

Reply #7 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
Interestingly enough both my mates own several H&F franchises so methinks Maddog you need to slightly alter your attitude. Maybe you’ve had some bad experiences but you shouldn’t cloud your judgement on every shop. 😈

Fate whispers to the warrior
'you cannot withstand the storm',
And the warrior whispers back
' I am the storm'
Toys
Tikka the T3 Hunter 7mm08
Baikal .223 Spartan
Martin Falcon 65lb Compound bow

IP Logged

Rumpy
Donor Member

Wishing I was out in the
hills.

Reply #8 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Sounds like you have some good mates there Radar. When you say they own several H+F  does that mean that none of their stores will be participating?  If they won't/can't do it maybe a lot of smaller stores won't do it either.

.270 WIN   AWESOME SINCE 1925       "REMEMBER THE 6 P's" POOR PREPARATION PROVIDES PISS POOR PERFORMANCE

IP Logged

Maddoghunter
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Reply #9 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Radar wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 7:27pm:
Interestingly enough both my mates own several H&F franchises so methinks Maddog you need to slightly alter your attitude. Maybe you’ve had some bad experiences but you shouldn’t cloud your judgement on every shop. 😈

I don’t think it needs adjusting at all thank you.
My attitude towards that brand stems from their CEO using the tragedy in chch as a marketing opportunity.
It sounds like the message is getting through and hopefully they’re realising what damage they did to their brand.
And anyway, my local non h and f store runs programs with local police to help at risk youth, and does other similar things to support the local community.
Pretty easy to decide which one to support. 😊

IP Logged

Kiwigunguy

Support Your Local Gun
Rights Organisation

Reply #10 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:54am
Print Post  
Maddoghunter wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 10:14pm:
Radar wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 7:27pm:

I don’t think it needs adjusting at all thank you.
My attitude towards that brand stems from their CEO using the tragedy in chch as a marketing opportunity.
It sounds like the message is getting through and hopefully they’re realising what damage they did to their brand.
And anyway, my local non h and f store runs programs with local police to help at risk youth, and does other similar things to support the local community.
Pretty easy to decide which one to support. 😊

I agree 100% regarding the CEO of H&F. I don't necessarily want to bash every individual store, because at least some of them are run by good people who support gun rights. They can't really leave the H&F chain, either, because H&F functions as their sole importer and distributor. If they were to leave, H&F could just cut them off from the supply chain and they'd be screwed.

At least for the time being, I'm giving H&F somewhat of a second chance. I won't personally buy from them, but I'm not calling for an all-out boycott just yet. If they decide to take part in the "buy-back", however, I will call a boycott for sure.

Definitely support your local non-H&F stores before them though.

IP Logged

Carlsen Highway
Forum Font

Reply #11 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 9:52am
Print Post  
What are the gun rights that you refer to above?

IP Logged

Bon
Donor Member

Reply #12 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 10:18am
Print Post  
Carlsen Highway wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 9:52am:
What are the gun rights that you refer to above?

Don't ask silly questions CH.                                                                                   Concentrate instead on being fully  prepared  to rally to the call  when the conch shell sounds the boycott.

IP Logged

Carlsen Highway
Forum Font

Reply #13 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Grin Rightio

IP Logged

Maddoghunter
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Reply #14 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
My understanding is that when the police asked the dealers to handle the buyback on their behalf, the dealers said something along the lines of “yes as long as you handle the logistics and all costs involved.” And h and f apparently offered to do it for free, hopeful that they could sell a whole lot of guns.
If this is true then their senior management is lower than pond scum imo.

I’m not going to say that I’m boycotting their stores, because it’ll be just my luck that I’ll need an extra gas cartridge one day.😆 But that’s about the extent of it.

And for me it’s not so much about them throwing a section of the gun owning public under the bus.
It’s more about them capitalising on mass murder to keep their brand at the front of people’s minds.
They weren’t asked for their opinion. They put out a press release saying they will never again have an mssa on their shelves. I don’t ever recall seeing one on their shelves, and neither does a mate of mine who looks for them.
It was a pure publicity stunt in the worst possible taste!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2020. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards