Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Trail Cam setting advice (Read 5995 times)
madfish71
Donor Member

243 rules!!

Trail Cam setting advice
Jun 19th, 2019 at 10:54am
Print Post  
Hi, got a couple of new game cams. these are going  to be left in the bush longer so i dont want to use the vid setting. So whats everyones advice for best picture settings?
Ie 1 shot with a 5 second delay, 10 second delay or 30 second delay or a 3 burst shot with what delay?  Cheers in advance

IP Logged

dribbler

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Trail Cam setting advice
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2019 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
I use 3 burst shot,not sure what the delay is.If the first shot is blurry with the next two you can work out what moved across in front of the camera.

IP Logged

A J Productions
Donor Member

Reply #2 - Jun 23rd, 2019 at 10:55am
Print Post  
A 3 shot burst mode with a 30 second delay is a good setting to use all year round. I wouldn't recommend using any less than a 30 second interval period unless using the trailcam for security applications. Some of the newer trailcams allow you to change the Shutter Speed from normal to Blur Reduction so for nighttime shots Blur Reduction will improve the night time picture quality.

IP Logged

bufferzone
Donor Member

Reply #3 - Jun 26th, 2019 at 7:32am
Print Post  
ive found them quite tricky to set up, i like the idea of a fast detection speed, had a mindfuk of trouble trying to workout how high to set and what angle(jamming sticks in behind it). then thinking i had it sorted and coming back to photos of the tops of deer heads, also had  it set on a big wallow, the friken pigs were rubbing on the tree it was mounted too and changing the angle,   Grin

IP Logged

Seekem

Reply #4 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Bought my first one just before the roar got it from usa Cabelas site Stealth PX18  14mp landed it for $125nz got some awesome shots of sika stags ,if this site wasn't hard for people like me I would post photos ! A guy down the road has about 14 cams that's is all he does gos around them like a possum line hes got some  very cool shots. I have mine up about 6ft facing south ,3 shots then 15second wait time ,just bought another off Amazon seems ok I set them up around home first to get them operating how a want and adjust to suit ,wire cable to tree is a good thing to good cams have a cable locking hole.Night shots are the hardest to get right  Good luck .

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards